It shot just a shade under 40 percent from the field including 3-of-17 from 3-point range. I hope so, because Friday's game was one only a mother could love with both teams shooting under 40 percent and the Orange's "big three" of Tyus Battle, Frank Howard and Oshae Brissett combining to shoot 27 percent. The Orange will finally get their chance to play the Michigan State Spartans in the round of 32, and like Brissett eluded to in his postgame interview, this team is ready to show the NCAA world just how dominant Syracuse basketball's 2-3 zone truly is.
Senior Kenrich Williams said it was a tough way for the season to end.
The last two years, SportsLine's computer simulation correctly predicted nine out of 12 double-digit NCAA Tournament upsets in the first round with its computer algorithm. TCU head coach Jamie Dixon spent 13 seasons at Pittsburgh where - in the Big East and then in the ACC - he saw plenty of Syracuse and Jim Boeheim. Next up is a Round of 64 game on Friday against No. 6 TCU.
Vladimir Brodziansky, who scored 11 of his 13 points in the second half, said there wasn't anything different that got him going in the second half except the basic idea of surviving and advancing.
Friday, TCU was held to a season-low 52 points. But Dixon has proven that he can go up against Boeheim and win like few others can, and his team stacks up well with the challenge that Syracuse brings to the table. For a team that averaged 83 points on the season and 81 in conference play, it was simply un-TCU like.
At the same time, the Horned Frogs have turned things around at this point of the season before.
The Orange shot 39.6 percent from the field. "But you've got get second shots, you've got to get putbacks".
"If you compare it to what other people have been able to do, it's obviously ahead of schedule", Dixon told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram about the rebuild. "Our plan is to build unrealistic expectations and no one has higher expectations than me".
Dixon also talked about the second-half shooting woes.
- Nordic athlete Mark Arendz to be Canada's flagbearer at Paralympic closing ceremony
- Instant analysis of Colts' trade with Jets in 2018 NFL Draft
- "Theories of Vedas superior to Einstein's equation": Science minister quotes Stephen Hawking
- Conte on Morata, Leicester's strengths, his team selection and goalkeeper decision
- United Kingdom court convicts Iraqi teenager for London train bombing
- Pochettino confident Tottenham striker Kane will play again this season
- Fortnite Mobile Friend Invites Now Available
- United Airlines flight diverted after third pet incident
- In NH, Senator Jeff Flake rips Trump for 'propaganda-fueled' conservatism
- Surveillance Footage From Parkland High School Shows Police Standing Outside During Shooting