Donald and Stephen Glover are signed to an exclusive deal with FX, which would mean if the pair are still attached, that the Deadpool animated series would need to air on FOX TV, as Donald and Stephen Glover are/were attached to the project as showrunners, executive producers and writers of the Deadpool animated series.
FX is exiting Marvel's planned Deadpool animated TV series.
FX released a statement on Saturday confirming their exit from the series along with Glover, citing "creative differences" with Marvel TV.
'FX will no longer be involved with the project.
Landgraf said the brothers and a writing staff were writing the series during their time in London while Donald Glover was shooting the Star Wars Lando Calrissian movie.
Whether the "Deadpool" show is dead entirely remains to be seen. The adult-oriented action-comedy had Marvel Television, FX Productions, and ABC Studios' ABC Signature behind it, and was set to premiere sometime this year. Last year, Glover co-starred in Marvel's "Spider-Man: Homecoming" feature film.
This is a real bummer as the talents of Donald Glover combined with the character of Deadpool would have been a nice match. One thing we've learned is that when it comes to Deadpool, where there's a will, there's a way. "Donald Glover is an incredibly gifted and versatile artist who'll bring the untitled Marvel's Deadpool series to life with the same intense, singular vision as his breakout hit Atlanta", said Grad. In addition to the critically praised Atlanta, which recently returned for a second season after a lengthy hiatus, he has the Han Solo movie coming up as well as the animated The Lion King.
- Trump says 'many lawyers' want to represent him over Russian Federation claims
- UK: Investigators allowed to search Cambridge Analytica
- March for Our Lives: five of the most powerful speeches
- Dump of plastic waste swirling in Pacific ocean larger than previously feared
- Nicholls Test ton as NZ dominate England
- League player collapses on court in middle of game
- Trump threatens to veto spending bill, risking shutdown
- Serial Bomber Describes Himself As A 'Psychopath' In Video Confession, McCaul Says
- China wants peaceful resolution with U.S. to settle trade issues
- Afghanistan: At least 14 killed in vehicle bomb explosion at Lashkargah City