The kingdom is aware of the importance of unifying Arab stances towards fateful issues, and this can be done through developing collective Arab action to preserve Arab countries' unity, sovereignty and stability, as well as through the Arab League, being an all-inclusive Arab framework that reflects Arab unity and solidarity.
In his speech at the summit, King Salman stressed that the Palestinian issue is "our first issue and will remain so" expressing his condemnation of the decision of the USA administration to transfer its embassy to Jerusalem.
The issue of Jerusalem and the Hashemite custodianship over Islamic and Christian sites in the holy city was at the centre of Jordan's diplomacy for the protection of the holy shrines and to stop Israeli violations and unilateral measures.
Arab leaders opened their annual summit in the eastern Saudi city of Dhahran on Sunday.
In his opening speech at the Arab League summit, Salman also criticised the U.S. decision to move its embassy in Israel to Jerusalem but avoided any mention of Syria, just 24 hours after Western strikes against President Bashar al-Assad's regime.
Bahrain has also supported key Arab issues, most notably anti-terrorism, piracy and other efforts, and played a prominent role in defending the Arab countries in the face of Iran's blatant interference in its internal affairs through its membership in the Arab Quartet Committee to deal with these interventions.
The report also said that the president of the 28th Arab summit, HM King Abdullah II, reaffirmed that a comprehensive and just peace in the region would only come about through the establishment of an independent and sovereign Palestinian state, as partial formulas in addressing the region's crises or bypassing the Palestinian issue will never bring the stability aspired-for by Arabs.
He said that Arab national security is a complete and indivisible system.
"The Palestinian case is our priority and will remain so until all the Palestinians gain their rights", he said, stressing that East Jerusalem is the capital of Palestine.
- Israel backs joint airstrikes on Syria regime
- CWG 2018: India finishes third with 26 gold medals
- Nicki Minaj Tame Her Gang After Quavo Apologize To Her
- Cops: Murderer on the Run Killed Lookalike to Steal ID
- Mourinho wants strong Man United finish to secure second place
- Mother who intentionally drove family off cliff was drunk
- CT police: Substitute teacher ran 'fight club' during math class
- Nixon wins Working Families Party support against Cuomo
- Lake Street Advisors Group LLC Purchases Shares of 6690 Enbridge (NYSE:ENB)
- Vettel on police in China as Hamilton struggles