The 40 year old can be given some leeway considering the emotion of the awarding of the last minute penalty and even in his reaction post match as emotions still would have been running high.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored the penalty to secure Madrid's progression with a 4-3 aggregate win, and Buffon blasted Oliver after the game, saying he had a "trash can" instead of a heart and accusing the official of not having the required "personality and sensibility" to officiate such a match.
He said, "The content remains and I stand by all of it", the keeper told Italian TV.
"But those who insinuated - maybe by only reporting part of what I said - that I am going against Gigi, in bad faith or even happy that Juve were eliminated, is hurting me". I felt defrauded of a night that can never be repeated'.
Juventus had erased a three-goal deficit from the first leg against Real Madrid and the game was headed to extra time until Medhi Benatia brought down Lucas Vazquez, who just had goalkeeper Buffon to beat near the six-yard box.
Having recorded a 3-0 win over the Italian side over a week ago in Turin, Madrid were favourites to go through the easily, but met a hard Juventus side in the second leg. A referee with more experience would not have blown his whistle and decided not to become the protagonist of the match. Let the pitch do the talking.
British police are reportedly investigating threats made against Michael Oliver's wife after the referee's controversial penalty decision helped Real Madrid send Juventus crashing out of the Champions League. It means you don't know where you are, what teams you face, what football is: "you don't really know shit".
"If you can't handle the pressure and have the courage to make a decision, then you should just sit in the stands and eat your crisps".
"This is why we are angry: we have struggled for 90 ' odd minutes a" nd if it is a 50-50 situation you do not have to give it.
- CT police: Substitute teacher ran 'fight club' during math class
- Trump's national security team meets on Syria
- Narendra Modi's first visit to Bijapur: First health centre, internet scheme inaugurated
- Nicki Minaj Tame Her Gang After Quavo Apologize To Her
- Mother who intentionally drove family off cliff was drunk
- Popovic's Spurs Caught Out Against New-Look Warriors
- Irish rugby union revokes contracts of players acquitted of rape
- Pep Guardiola Charged with Improper Conduct After Being Sent off vs. Liverpool
- Arab League summit kicks off with focus on Jerusalem conflict, Syrian crisis
- Vettel on police in China as Hamilton struggles