If there was a player worth serious consideration at this year's Women's British Open at Royal Lytham & St Annes it might just be Henderson whose last two victories have come in some of the windiest golf conditions imaginable, first at the Women's New Zealand Open and now this event during which demanding conditions also prevailed.
An uncharacteristic closing calamity has cost Minjee Lee a prominent spot on the LPGA Tour's Lotte Championship leaderboard in Hawaii.
The 20-year-old had a topsy turvy day, adding four birdies but also three bogeys and a nasty double-bogey at the short 16th following a four-putt, which significantly impacted her lead.
Henderon shot a three-under 69 Saturday to extend her lead to four strokes. The Smiths Falls, Ont., native was too talented, and she had some very important people to play for, dedicating her victory to the people involved in the Humboldt Broncos junior hockey team bus crash in Saskatchewan.
Sharp is part of a six-way tie at 69, with third-ranked Inbee Park, qualifier Julieta Granada, Mo Martin, Lizette Salas who lost a playoff here in 2013 and 2018 Kia Classic victor Eun-Hee Ji. She has never finished worse than 11th at Ko Olina.
"I think going birdie-birdie to start allowed me to be kind of more aggressive, knowing that I already made up two shots, which is good", Henderson said. I just felt like that every single putt and kind of got a little bit down. Hataoka shot a four-under 68 while Park carded a one-under 71.
Taiwan's Peiyung Chien (final-round 2 under) and Americans Lindy Duncan (2 under) and Lizette Salas (even) shared sixth place at 6 under par. Lindberg, victor of this month's ANA Inspiration, shot a 73, leaving her four off the front.
Hawaii's Michelle Wie had a 71 to tie for 11th at 3-under.
Newly minted Major champion Pernilla Lindberg was a shot back on five under.
- Cohen Again Denies He Made Prague Visit During Trump Campaign
- Daniel Ricciardo surprised to take part in Chinese GP qualifying
- Assumption Clinton Would Win A Factor In Email Probe — Former FBI Head
- Klopp on Bournemouth win, Salah's goals and Trent's development
- Israeli official justifies US-led strikes on Syria
- Pelicans extinguish Blazers, lead series 1-0
- Great Chong Wei, incredible win: Najib
- United States launches 'precision srikes' on Syria as UK, France join in
- Trump's national security team meets on Syria
- Israel backs joint airstrikes on Syria regime