Asked whether she was thinking of getting the elusive Olympic gold in Tokyo in 2020, Mary Kom said: "I don't have injuries, all I have is minor issues like cramps sometimes". The CWG 2018 has become India's third most successful Commonwealth Games of all time.
Indian boxers were in the limelight after winning several medals.
"I'm really happy I could pick up my game in the third, get on a roll and get the crowd behind us". In a sport where competitors deprive their own bodies to shred a few grams of body weight, Mary has twice ballooned and reduced her body weight.
Magnificent Mary is not thinking of hanging up her gloves - there is still one thing on her mind. Latey had trained with scores of elite Indian Olympic athletes, yet Mary stood out. Which other boxer can claim that, now I would not be scared of anyone. "That is just a God given gift she is born with", he had said. Amit looked visibly exhausted in the second and third round after dominating the first round. The five judges were split 3:1 in their decision, with one of them ruling it as a tie.
Prannoy later lost to Ouseph 21-17 23-25 9-21 in the bronze medal match.
Gaurav Solanki wins gold medal in 52 kg category on his debut 4-1 at CWG as he beat Norther Ireland's Brendan Irvine in a phenomenal bout. Solanki was aggressive from the outset, as he threw a flurry of punches in the first round.
"I wish all of the girls could have "Commonwealth Games winner" on their CV", Hosking said. They will face Australia in Sunday's gold-medal showpiece. He is now employed with the Indian Army.
Settling for silver medals were Amit Panghal (49kg), Manish Kaushik (60kg) and Satish Kumar (+91kg) after losing closely-contested bouts here.
Kom, 35, is a former five-time world amateur champion who won a bronze medal in the 51-kilogram division at the London Olympics in 2012, but failed to qualify for the Rio de Janeiro Games in 2016. He subsequently moved up two weight divisions to the welterweight (69kg) winning a bronze medal at the World Championships in 2011.
Jessie Lartey, Ghana's only medal victor at the ongoing Commonwealth Games has disclosed that he was nearly dropped from the final contingent for the Games by officials of the Ghana Olympic Committee and Black Bombers.
- Arab League summit kicks off with focus on Jerusalem conflict, Syrian crisis
- Mother who intentionally drove family off cliff was drunk
- Daniel Ricciardo surprised to take part in Chinese GP qualifying
- Israel backs joint airstrikes on Syria regime
- Mourinho wants strong Man United finish to secure second place
- Pelicans extinguish Blazers, lead series 1-0
- Nixon wins Working Families Party support against Cuomo
- Beyoncé makes history with a live performance at Coachella
- 'Completely accomplished': United States vice-president touts success of Syria airstrikes
- Nicki Minaj Tame Her Gang After Quavo Apologize To Her