The NWS Storm Prediction Center defines a "moderate risk" this way: Severe thunderstorms are expected to affect between 5 and 10 percent of the area. And, with a saturated ground and top-heavy trees that have leafed out, it's not impossible that a couple of trees are uprooted this afternoon. We could see some of that rain turn over to snow flurries and showers during the overnight hours. Strong winds from the NW and highs only in the low to mid 60s will make Sunday feel nearly winter-like!
Warmer weather will return to the south plains and the rolling plains on Monday and Tuesday with highs climbing back into the upper 80s.
Monday's going to be "a very washout morning", Avery said, so he suggested morning commuters allow for extra time.
TIMELINE | Strong storms expected this weekend
We're watching a major storm system that's sparking a multi-state blizzard warning, stretching from Kansas to Minnesota.
By evening, scattered rain and gusty storms will spread over more of north Georgia.
All this activity will continue moving east, so be prepared to seek shelter as strong storms move in.Читайте также: Russia accuses UK of staging 'fake' chemical attack in Syria
Today is a Weather Alert Day for the potential for strong to severe storms arriving this evening. Lows around 62. Highs around 78. Highs temperatures only recover into the mid 60s.
A potent cold front to our west brings showers and thunderstorms to the area for Sunday.
Governor John Bel Edwards released the following statement following severe weather that passed through the state on Saturday, April 14.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
A better chance of rain and snow is expected on Thursday night and Friday. One to two inches of rain possible over the weekend. Temperatures will be a touch warmer in the 60's for most lower elevation areas.Код для вставки в блог
- UN Security Council to Meet Friday on Syria Crisis - Russian Mission
- Kathua rape case: Mehbooba Mufti accepts resignation of BJP ministers
- WPP Chief Executive Martin Sorrell Resigns After Probe
- PSG star Neymar reveals which game he expects to return for
- Media React to Real Madrid's Dramatic Champions League Win over Juventus
- Trump attorney Michael Cohen says he's "not worried" by Federal Bureau of Investigation raids
- Environmental advocate dies after setting himself on fire in NYC park
- Man City wins Premier League after United loses to West Brom
- U.S. would not attack Syria over gas attack allegations: Syrian lawmaker
- Desperate Search For Passenger Swept Overboard Off P&O Cruise Ship Called Off