The NWS Storm Prediction Center defines a "moderate risk" this way: Severe thunderstorms are expected to affect between 5 and 10 percent of the area. And, with a saturated ground and top-heavy trees that have leafed out, it's not impossible that a couple of trees are uprooted this afternoon. We could see some of that rain turn over to snow flurries and showers during the overnight hours. Strong winds from the NW and highs only in the low to mid 60s will make Sunday feel nearly winter-like!
Warmer weather will return to the south plains and the rolling plains on Monday and Tuesday with highs climbing back into the upper 80s.
Monday's going to be "a very washout morning", Avery said, so he suggested morning commuters allow for extra time.
We're watching a major storm system that's sparking a multi-state blizzard warning, stretching from Kansas to Minnesota.
By evening, scattered rain and gusty storms will spread over more of north Georgia.
First Alert Forecast: Cold start for Sunday
All this activity will continue moving east, so be prepared to seek shelter as strong storms move in.
Today is a Weather Alert Day for the potential for strong to severe storms arriving this evening. Lows around 62. Highs around 78. Highs temperatures only recover into the mid 60s.
A potent cold front to our west brings showers and thunderstorms to the area for Sunday.
Governor John Bel Edwards released the following statement following severe weather that passed through the state on Saturday, April 14.
A better chance of rain and snow is expected on Thursday night and Friday. One to two inches of rain possible over the weekend. Temperatures will be a touch warmer in the 60's for most lower elevation areas.
- Has silence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi become deafening?
- Real Madrid - Bayern: No "fear clause" for James
- U.S. would not attack Syria over gas attack allegations: Syrian lawmaker
- Environmental advocate dies after setting himself on fire in NYC park
- Man City wins Premier League after United loses to West Brom
- Salisbury attack: Russian Federation claims chemical weapons watchdog manipulated findings
- Kathua rape case: Mehbooba Mufti accepts resignation of BJP ministers
- Winter Weather Advisory in Effect for New Hampshire
- Max Verstappen admits Sebastian Vettel collision was his fault
- WPP Chief Executive Martin Sorrell Resigns After Probe