Prayers and well wishes flood social media as the Bush family spokesperson announced the former first lady is suffering from failing health. Bush would travel the world representing the USA before turning their sights to The White House, first as the Vice President and Second Lady during the Ronald Reagan administration, then the 1988 Presidential election.
"It will not surprise those who know her that Barbara Bush has been a rock in the face of her failing health, worrying not for herself, thanks to her abiding faith, but for others", a statement from the office of George H.W. Bush said Sunday.
Bush, 92, is battling Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and congestive heart failure and has been hospitalized several times over the past year.
People are generally aware that Bush Sr. suffers from a form of Parkinson's disease that has him in a wheelchair; however, most were not aware of the former first lady's health problems, which started about two years ago. The pearls became synonymous with Bush, who later said she selected them to hide the wrinkles in her neck. She was also hospitalized after experiencing fatigue and coughing. He also served as a congressman, Central Intelligence Agency director and Ronald Reagan's vice president.
During her time as First Lady, Barbara Bush focused on literacy.
Do you have a message of support for Barbara Bush?After World War II, the Bushes moved to Texas where he went into the oil business. Bush read a children's book and introduced the patients to her dog during the visit.
- Winter Weather Advisory in Effect for New Hampshire
- Ramirez homers in victorious return to Red Sox lineup
- Kathua rape case: Mehbooba Mufti accepts resignation of BJP ministers
- Herd softball stays undefeated in league after win over Eagles
- First Alert Forecast: Cold start for Sunday
- Man City wins Premier League after United loses to West Brom
- Environmental advocate dies after setting himself on fire in NYC park
- Trump attorney Michael Cohen says he's "not worried" by Federal Bureau of Investigation raids
- WPP Chief Executive Martin Sorrell Resigns After Probe
- No matter how influential Unnao accused is, he won't be spared: Yogi