"Bijapur excelled and so we chose to launch the ambitious health scheme from here on Ambedkar Jayanti", Modi said during his hour-long speech and hoped what Bijapur can achieve in 100 days the remaining aspirational districts can also do so.
"I want to make these districts not only "abhilashi" (aspirational) but also "mahtvakanshi" (ambitious) so that they emerge as a development model", he said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the world in a globally broadcast live event from the historic Central Hall Westminster in London during his visit to the United Kingdom, following in the footsteps of speakers such as Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.
Under the scheme, he inaugurated the first of the 1.5 lakh Health and Wellness Centre the government aims to set up by 2022 that will leverage on comprehensive primary health care for preventive, promotive and curative care. Ambedkar dedicated his life for the upliftment, self-esteem and growth of dalits, poor and deprived communities.
Raipur: While addressing the masses who hailed from the worst Maoist affected districts of the country, the Prime Minister Modi exhorted the youths to desist from violence and be the part of the mainstream. But at least think about those who are leading them. "They have come from outside (referring to Naxal leaders from other states who are active in Chhattisgarh)", he said.
Like everyone else, Union Health Minister JP Nadda, who was standing next to the Prime Minister when he decided to make it a memorable moment for the woman, was also taken aback.
The PM inaugurated a new rail line and a passenger train between Gudum and Bhanupratapur, bringing north Bastar region on railways' map.
Modi's act was applauded by the people gathered as he walked up to the tribal woman and helped her wear the new pair of slippers.. The strong words from the Prime Minister also had immediate effect as the two BJP ministers from the state of Jammu and Kashmir resigned. Singh dubbed Prime Minister's visit as a historical moment for Chhattisgarh, saying it would inspire the state to fasten its pace of development. This is an insult to their sacrifice, Modi said.
- First Rohingya family returns to Myanmar after conflicts
- Winter Weather Advisory in Effect for New Hampshire
- Buffon Refuses To Apologise Regarding Michael Oliver Comments
- No matter how influential Unnao accused is, he won't be spared: Yogi
- Popovic's Spurs Caught Out Against New-Look Warriors
- #Kathua: When will our daughters get justice? Rahul asks PM Modi
- Desperate Search For Passenger Swept Overboard Off P&O Cruise Ship Called Off
- RBC Heritage: Ian Poulter grabs Round 3 lead
- Kathua Rape and Murder Case echoed in United Nations
- Philadelphia Eagles' Daryl Worley arrested, report says; team releases statement