After the meeting, Public Works minister Naeem Akhtar "appreciated" the support of alliance partner Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Asifa gangrape-and-murder case.
"The charge that the two ministers were pro-rapist is absolutely wrong. I and the ministry intend to bring an amendment to the POCSO Act asking for the death penalty for rape on children below 12 years", the Union minister said in a video posted on YouTube.
There are three vacancies in the council of ministers as the PDP had last month removed its finance minister Haseeb Drabu unceremoniously, they said.
Immediately after the meeting, Madhav told reporters that the resignations of the two ministers would be handed over to Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti for further action. The police claimed the motive behind the crime was to terrify the nomadic community and drive it out of the village.
"We appreciate our alliance partner who helped us in this case. Beyond that, I don't think there will be any impact of this incident or these developments on the coalition".
Mehbooba, who chaired the party's meeting in Srinagar, thanked the prime minister and the national media and said the unity in ranks was an emotional reach out to protest against the heinous crimes.
Amid allegations that Prime Minister Narendra Modi was purposeful in his silence on the issue, Modi said that the incidents of rape in Kathua in J&K and Unnao in Uttar Pradesh had brought humiliation to the country.
Stressing the urgency of responding to the challenges in Jammu and Kashmir through tangible political measures before the crisis degenerates into a catastrophe; Mehbooba said the people of J-K, irrespective of their age, gender, status or the political affiliation, have been suffering the disastrous consequences of the political uncertainties plaguing the state.
The body of the Kathua girl was found in Rasana forest on January 17, a week after she went missing while grazing horses in the forest area. During the investigation, the crime branch alleged she was drugged and repeatedly raped before being killed by crushing her head with stones. "Our party leaders asked us to attend the rally". "In Jammu, the Congress leaders are casting aspersion over the probe and their senior leaders were creating law and order situation through Bar Council", he alleged.
- Raided Cohen's Taxi Loan Under Scrutiny — WashPost
- Popovic's Spurs Caught Out Against New-Look Warriors
- Nixon wins Working Families Party support against Cuomo
- Great Chong Wei, incredible win: Najib
- Assumption Clinton Would Win A Factor In Email Probe — Former FBI Head
- Arab League summit kicks off with focus on Jerusalem conflict, Syrian crisis
- Nicki Minaj Tame Her Gang After Quavo Apologize To Her
- Pep Guardiola Charged with Improper Conduct After Being Sent off vs. Liverpool
- Cops: Murderer on the Run Killed Lookalike to Steal ID
- Mother who intentionally drove family off cliff was drunk