Another accused, a woman who had allegedly lured the victim, has also been arrested by the police.
The CBI detained the MLA at around 5 am on Friday and questioned him for 16 hours at the agency's office on Naval Kishore Road in Lucknow.
The strongman from Unnao's Bangarmau, from where he won in the 2017 legislative elections, Sengar is also accused of conspiring to kill the victim's father, who died of injuries after he was beaten brutally in police custody by Sengar's brother and some aides.
The victim's said, " that two people are missing and some goons of the accused BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar are threatening his villagers to keep quiet".
The medical test of the 17-year-old girl from Uttar Pradesh's Unnao who has accused local BJP legislator Kuldeep Singh Sengar of rape, was conducted at a hospital in Lucknow on Saturday, an official said.
According to the postmortem report, the father was not given proper treatment at the judicial custody. Both Ganga and Singh had participated in the rally on March 1 after the Crime Branch of Jammu and Kashmir Police had arrested the nephew of a caretaker of a "devisathan" (temple) in connection with the kidnapping and rape of the little girl.
The teen had accused the MLA of raping her in June a year ago. She has also alleged in the FIR filed in this case that Shashi Singh was present at the spot when the incident happened. "'Jungle raaj" and "gunda raaj" actively aided and abetted by Adityanath government has become a pain for the people of the state and has conclusively exposed BJP's slogan of "Beti Bachao'", he added.
The resignations of two BJP ministers in the Jammu and Kashmir government have been accepted and now being forwarded to Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti, said party's national General Secretary Ram Madhav on Saturday.
Citing a recent high court order, Surjewala said: "In a damning rebuke to the BJP's claims, the Allahabad High Court has unravelled the real truth of the Unnao rape case".
Asked about the demand for a CBI probe into the incident, the BJP leader said: "It is now for the court to decide".
Frustrated with the alleged inaction and coercion from powerful people, the victim attempted self-immolation in front of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath's residence on April 8 which made headlines.
- Destiny's Child Just Reunited On Stage During Beyonce's Coachella Performance
- Max Verstappen admits Sebastian Vettel collision was his fault
- Amazon.Com INC (AMZN) Stake Lifted by L & S Advisors Inc
- RBC Heritage: Ian Poulter grabs Round 3 lead
- The Answer Trump Needs in Syria
- #Kathua: When will our daughters get justice? Rahul asks PM Modi
- President Trump says military strike in Syria underway
- Desperate Search For Passenger Swept Overboard Off P&O Cruise Ship Called Off
- Trump attorney Michael Cohen says he's "not worried" by Federal Bureau of Investigation raids
- Salisbury attack: Russian Federation claims chemical weapons watchdog manipulated findings