Sengar, who was produced before the Lucknow court in the gang-rape case of a minor girl from Unnao, said he had full faith in the judiciary.
However officials hinted that Kuldeep could be arrested late tonight and the BJP too is likely to suspend him from the party. Sources said then Unnao Superintendent of Police Neha Pandey and the incumbent district police chief Pushpanjali might also be questioned.
Investigations to prove one way or another actually began in earnest when Adityanath constituted a Special Investigation Team which handed its first report to CBI - handing over the investigations as well. Meanwhile, the CBI has spoken to the rape victim and some of the witnesses and family members besides visiting the crime scene.
The case came into limelight after the victim tried to immolate herself on Sunday outside Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath's residence, alleging police inaction against Sengar.
The CBI has registered three cases against Sengar in regard to the crime he allegedly committed a year ago.
In the last CBI FIR, four persons identified as Vineet, Baua, Shailu, Sonu and other unknown persons have been charged with rioting, voluntarily causing hurt and criminal intimidation. Murder charges could be added in the course of the investigation, he added. A senior CBI official said the MLA from Bangarmau in Uttar Pradesh's Unnao district was taken from a house in Lucknow's Indira Nagar area to the agency's office in Hazratganj around 4 am on Saturday.
The final report can either be a closure report or a chargesheet.
Almost a year ago, on June 4, 2017, the victim - a minor at the time - visited the MLA's residence with a relative seeking a job, where she was allegedly raped by Sengar and others.
In February, the girl's family had moved the court, seeking to include the MLA's name in the case.
The Uttar Pradesh government had asked the CBI to take over the inquiry into the alleged rape of the girl and the death of her father in judicial custody.
They are accused of taking the victim's father illegally to the police station where he was beaten up by them along with Atul and Sengar's aides.
- United Kingdom action in Syria nears as PM wins Cabinet approval
- Kathua Rape and Murder Case echoed in United Nations
- President Trump says military strike in Syria underway
- Dana White Reacts To Dustin Poirier's Khabib Nurmagomedov Callout
- PSG star Neymar reveals which game he expects to return for
- WPP Chief Executive Martin Sorrell Resigns After Probe
- CWG 2018: India finishes third with 26 gold medals
- Desperate Search For Passenger Swept Overboard Off P&O Cruise Ship Called Off
- Russia claims Syria chemical attack was staged by United Kingdom
- Philadelphia Eagles' Daryl Worley arrested, report says; team releases statement