Although it is not one of Varun's most successful films, it did decently well on its first day but took the box office by storm on its second day by earning Rs.12.51 crores. "Playing a flawed human being is a tough achievement to play it flawlessly is even tougher". Directed by Shoojit Sircar, the film targets a particular set of audience. Also, the storyline of the film is very different from the usual Bollywood romantic stories making it a fresh take on love. Well, October is normal budget good Hindi picture film with great climax and story.
Varun Dhawan is now receiving much praise for his role in his recent release "October". The film that experienced a slow start on Friday, April 13, the day it hit screens, has shown almost 48.21 % growth on Day 2. Should continue the upward trend on Sunday.
In his review to NDTV, film critic Saibal Chatterjee gave October 4 stars out of 5 and said, "It is hard to miss its uplifting soul".
Mumbai: Varun Dhawan starrer "October" has become the talk of town with how Shoojit Sircar has showed a very attractive story of love. Friday 5.04 crore, Saturday 7.47 crore. Although most of the audience are talking positively about the film, the only drawback that many pointed out was the slow narration.
Varun Dhawan who changed his character type with his performance in October said, he has shown the good part of life in other film and with October he wanted to share the truth of life. He wrote that the movie will need an incredible growth in the opening weekend to leave a mark at the box office.
Indian Express film critic Shubhra Gupta was particularly impressed with October's script.
- Trump attorney Michael Cohen says he's "not worried" by Federal Bureau of Investigation raids
- U.S. would not attack Syria over gas attack allegations: Syrian lawmaker
- Man City wins Premier League after United loses to West Brom
- Ramirez homers in victorious return to Red Sox lineup
- Kathua rape case: Mehbooba Mufti accepts resignation of BJP ministers
- Desperate Search For Passenger Swept Overboard Off P&O Cruise Ship Called Off
- Kim meets Chinese envoy
- #Kathua: When will our daughters get justice? Rahul asks PM Modi
- PSG star Neymar reveals which game he expects to return for
- WPP Chief Executive Martin Sorrell Resigns After Probe