Neymar has announced he believes he needs "about a month" before he can return from the fractured metatarsal and sprained ankle he suffered in February.
"He saw that I was close to tears because I hadn't had a good first half", Neymar told Altas Horas.
Neymar's comments were released as a short extract from a pre-recorded interview that will be broadcast on Saturday, and which may give a clearer picture of the former Barcelona forward's state of fitness.
The Brazil global required surgery after suffering the injury in the Ligue 1 win over Marseille in February and has since missed the French giants' last nine matches in all competitions.
"When he gets here, he will want to play".
"He may have time to play for us before the end of the season".
The Brazil star has been linked with a return to Catalonia, along with potential switches to United and Barca's bitter rivals Real Madrid over the last few months.
Paris Saint-Germain reveal that the club should be able to set a date for Neymar to return to training in the near future after another successful medical assessment.
PSG's form has not really been affected by Neymar's absence.
Without him, PSG will hope to wrap up the French title with a win at home to reigning champions Monaco on Sunday.
If his recovery continues as scheduled, Neymar should be fit in time to take his place in Brazil's squad for the 2018 World Cup finals.
PSG play their last Ligue 1 match on May 19.
- CT police: Substitute teacher ran 'fight club' during math class
- Destiny's Child Just Reunited On Stage During Beyonce's Coachella Performance
- Recall alert: 206 million eggs recalled
- Nixon wins Working Families Party support against Cuomo
- Trump on Syria airstrikes: "Mission Accomplished!"
- Vettel on police in China as Hamilton struggles
- Popovic's Spurs Caught Out Against New-Look Warriors
- Great Chong Wei, incredible win: Najib
- Lake Street Advisors Group LLC Purchases Shares of 6690 Enbridge (NYSE:ENB)
- RBC Heritage: Ian Poulter grabs Round 3 lead