A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect from 2 pm Saturday until 2 pm Sunday for Oneida, Seneca, Southern Cayuga, Onondaga, Tompkins, Madison, Cortland, Chenango and Otsego counties. The rain and freezing rain will come later.
Light rain will change over to freezing rain Saturday evening before increasing in intensity overnight, Lincoln Park police said.
Freezing rain is expected with wind gusts up to 40 miles per hour through the evening. One to 3 inches of snow and sleet are expected in Western New York, and up to 5 inches in the Adirondacks.
A similar winter weather advisory was issued early this morning for counties along the advisory encompasses the Lake Ontario shoreline, Tug Hill and the Adirondacks from Saturday morning to Sunday morning.
By Sunday morning, many towns will be experiencing temperatures near freezing with rain, sleet, and possible slippery travel, especially in the higher elevations east and west of Hartford.
Temperatures are expected to warm above freezing Sunday afternoon.
For the latest road conditions, call 511. Total ice accumulation is expected to be less than an inch.
- Russia claims Syria chemical attack was staged by United Kingdom
- Kathua Rape and Murder Case echoed in United Nations
- Desperate Search For Passenger Swept Overboard Off P&O Cruise Ship Called Off
- WPP Chief Executive Martin Sorrell Resigns After Probe
- Ramirez homers in victorious return to Red Sox lineup
- Canada's Brooke Henderson soars to four-shot victory at LPGA Lotte Championship
- CT police: Substitute teacher ran 'fight club' during math class
- Philadelphia Eagles' Daryl Worley arrested, report says; team releases statement
- Destiny's Child Just Reunited On Stage During Beyonce's Coachella Performance
- Raided Cohen's Taxi Loan Under Scrutiny — WashPost