Bevin said that households from their state had been forced to abandon children at home and in peril of not sexual assault, but of eating poison or being offered medication for the very first time.
Bevin made his comments on his YouTube and Twitter page during a four-minute video that was posted Sunday. "For those of you who have been hurt, it is my absolute honest apology to you, it is not my intent to hurt anybody in this process but to help us all move forward together".
"I do again- I'm sorry for those of you, every single of one of you, that has been hurt by things that I have said".
"Clearly, a tremendous number of people did not fully appreciate what it was that I was communicating", Bevin said, referring to his earlier comments.
At least 39 school districts in Kentucky had shut down on Friday as teachers traveled to the Capitol asking legislators to override Bevin's veto of state budget and tax reform bills.
On Friday, Bevin's explosive feedback had been a part of his assertion criticizing lecturers for leaving work to protest on the Capitol. "I'm offended by the idea that people so cavalierly and so flippantly disregarded what's truly best for children".
Bevin concluded his video to Kentucky by saying everybody needs to stay together. "If we want to create a world without child abuse, we can not tolerate the governor's comments". "What Governor Bevin said about teachers following their peaceful rally yesterday was reprehensible, and we are proud to join with the many others who have condemned his petty, spiteful remarks. Governor Bevin is on the wrong side of history, and as his latest outburst shows, he's also on the wrong side of simple decency". "The Kentucky Senate Democratic Caucus condemns these types of demeaning and degrading statements directed at our teachers and public employees by the Governor".
Home Minority Flooring Chief Rocky Adkins, D-Sandy Hook, stated in a press release that whereas Bevin claims there was a misunderstanding, "the folks of Kentucky heard loud and clear what he stated and in the present day's video exhibits he nonetheless doesn't comprehend why so many had been understandably upset". "His insults of teachers over the past year have been beneath the decorum of any respectable elected official".
- Boston Celtics vs. Milwaukee Bucks - 4/17/18 NBA Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- One taken to hospital following house fire
- What to expect from severe weather Sunday in SC
- Polls close in Montenegro presidential election
- Palace upend Brighton, move six points clear of relegation
- Manchester United star Paul Pogba shows off Dragon Ball Z-inspired hairstyle
- Rob Gronkowski Skipping Start of Offseason Program, Could Still Retire
- Nine-year-old girl raped in Surat, body found with 86 injuries
- Most rockets in Western attacks on Syria were intercepted - Russian Federation
- Brokerages Anticipate ICICI Bank (IBN) Will Announce Earnings of $0.08 Per Share