Since Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan took ownership of the club in 2008, City has won seven trophies, adding an FA Cup, two League Cups and an FA Community Shield to their league titles. Considering the fact how they have demolished their rivals this season, it was only a forgone conclusion that the Pep Guardiola's men would win the title.
Tottenham are fourth in the standings on 67 points and are unbeaten in their last 14 league games.
"I knew that sooner or later they would be (champions) and if I was in their position I would be very upset if someone said they won the title because Manchester United lost against West Brom".
"We've won the league for you, Man City, Man City", West Brom's fans chanted after the final whistle.
But City, who will stage a title party when they host Swansea on Sunday, have a chance to underline their credentials over their last five matches.
Plus, City need three more wins to better Chelsea's record of 30 Premier League wins in a season.
"My feeling is that United will win a lot of points because they are in a good shape and have top players". Previous times, we almost threw it away and that was a feature of every season we won it.
By being crowned champions at this point in the season, City have equalled the Premier League record for the earliest win.
Guardiola's men were on course to drop points in two of their opening three games until Sterling's 97th-minute victor at Bournemouth back in August kicked off an 18-match winning run in the league.
City captain Vincent Kompany said: "It's the same feeling as the first time and you can't describe it".
"It shows how football is in Manchester".
City had moved within touching distance of the title with a 3-1 win at Tottenham on Saturday.
'Especially if you've been a Blue for more than forty years.
"It is one of the first things I noticed within the first month", he said.
'We needed a period of adaptation...his methods were the right ones, we believed in him. I'm sure they are differences to how we play today compared to Bayern and Barcelona, we survive and live by the strength of the team.
- BJP's Kuldeep Singh Sengar sent to 7-day CBI custody
- Mother Arrested After 2-Year-Old Tests Positive For Meth
- Man arrested in connection with death of woman in Kilmarnock
- Russian Federation calls Syrian 'chemical attack' staged
- #blackout Bevin: Governor's words prompting another teacher protest
- Manchester United star Paul Pogba shows off Dragon Ball Z-inspired hairstyle
- Trump Suggests He Is Making The Phrase 'Mission Accomplished' Great Again
- John Cena and Nikki Bella split after 6 years
- Salah prefers Champions League to Golden Boot
- China and Japan hold high-level trade talks as trade deal nears