"They know that the convention", Tom said.
The Broncos were on their way to a playoff game in Nipawin when the crash happened. "They're closer to the kids on the hockey team than they probably are a lot of kids they go to school with".
The crash killed 16 people, including the driver. "It's just part of hockey".
Ribchester sang O Canada before each game, and also tended a table at the main entrance of the arena raising funds for the Broncos GoFundMe effort, which as of Thursday evening stood at $10,103,265.
"It's Canada and we're proud of our country and were proud of hockey and what it means to every Canadian", said Smith.
David and Nicole D'hondt were watching their son Xavier play during the tournament and were proudly wearing Vancouver Canucks and Toronto Maple Leafs jerseys respectively.
Fourteen-year-old Philippe Volek told the Canadian Press on Thursday he was sent to the principal's office for violating the school's dress code after wearing a soccer jersey to class as part a nationwide Jersey Day event.
Hawks players wore green helmets to honor the Broncos in the warmups and both teams were wore Humboldt Broncos ribbons on their jerseys. She wants to let Humboldt know it is not alone.
Tom Straschnitzki, whose son Ryan Straschnitzki was badly injured in the crash, says he was in a waiting area at Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon on Friday night when a large box was wheeled in. Ryan asked to see name of Jonathan Toews, the Chicago Blackhawks forward who visited the hospital earlier in the day to deliver jerseys the Blackhawks and Winnipeg Jets wore last weekend with Broncos nameplates on them.
- Boston Celtics vs. Milwaukee Bucks - 4/17/18 NBA Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- United States blames Syria government for gas attack, mulls aggressive strike
- Meghan Markle flies to Chicago to finalize visa application
- CWG 2018: Neeraj Chopra becomes first Indian to win in Javelin Throw
- Last minute tax tips before Tuesday's filing deadline
- Manchester City clinches 2017-18 Premier League title
- EU Brexit negotiator: No Irish border breakthrough for weeks
- EPS for GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) Expected At $0.71 as of April, 25
- What to expect from severe weather Sunday in SC
- Malaga 1 Real Madrid 2: Isco downs struggling former side