The Bar Association president explained that it had rescinded the decision on the orders of Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Saqib Nisar, who, speaking at the valima reception of Lahore High Court Justice Ali Akbar Qureshi's son, said the move was made for the sake of litigants with cases fixed for Monday.
An FIR [First Information Report] about the incident was also filed in Model Town police station against unknown persons under the Anti-Terrorism Act and u/s 324, 506-B, 427 of Pakistan Penal Code (PPC).
A Joint Investigation Team (JIT) was formed Sunday to probe the firing incidents at a Supreme Court judge's residence earlier the same day, here in the city.
Additional IG Muhammad Tahir will head the probe, which includes DIG Investigation Sultan Chaudhry and representatives of Military Intelligence (MI), Inter Services Intelligence (ISI), and Intelligence Bureau (IB) as its members, according to Punjab government spokesman Malik Ahmad Khan.
A bullet hit the gate of the house, the report reads.
Later on, forensic teams collected evidences and recovered bullet shells outside the house.
Rangers and police cordoned off the area and were conducting a search operation.
Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar also visited the residence of the Ijazul Ahsan and summoned Inspector General of Punjab to probe the matter.
He tweeted, "Strongly condemn the firing at Justice Ijaz ul Ahsan's house".
In a statement, the prime minister directed the authorities to bring the culprits to table as soon as possible.
On July 28 past year, a five-judge bench of the apex court unanimously disqualified Sharif and directed the NAB to file references against him, his sons - Hassan and Hussain Nawaz - daughter Maryam Nawaz and son-in-law Captain (retd) Muhammad Safdar and Ishaq Dar. He had taken oath as the new chief justice of Lahore High Court (LHC) in November 2015.
- Mother Arrested After 2-Year-Old Tests Positive For Meth
- Full Metal Jacket star R. Lee Ermey dies aged 74
- WhatsApp now allows you to re-download deleted photos and videos
- Pravin Togadia targets PM Modi after quitting VHP
- Rockets beat T-Wolves 104-101 in playoff series opener
- Shark Attack Near Gracetown
- PM Modi presents a pair of slippers to a tribal woman
- Salah would trade Golden Boot for Champions League
- Trudeau in 'financial' talks to resolve heated pipeline dispute
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium with Dual Rear Cameras Announced