The league leaders, in particular, did show a keen interest in the services of Jonny Evans, who was deemed as a backup for veteran defender Vincent Kompany before they signed Aymeric Laporte earlier this year. This result left his team one point clear of third-placed Liverpool, with a game in hand.
He said: "We won the Carabao Cup and that was a step in the right direction for me but to be competing in the Premier League since I was 19 and to play all the games I played in the Premier League, to not win the Premier League, it was a bit devastating for me not to have won it with Tottenham".
Following the 20-time English champions shock defeat at home, the Portuguese tactician revealed he trusts in his ability to lead sides to Premier League glory but maintained it can not be achieved without consistent efforts from the team. I have no reason for not to trust.
"In my experience you don't win titles with inconsistency, you win titles with quality but you win titles with consistency at every level".
"I hope that we can have a happier Monday in seven days".
"They won the title because they were the best team, because they won a great amount of points".
On City being crowned champions, Mourinho added: "I congratulated them face to face when I had the chance to do it".
Mourinho said the attitude of his players had changed following their victory over Manchester City last weekend.
United came from behind to beat City 3-2 in the derby at the Etihad.
It has been a foregone conclusion for months, but with Sunday's shock defeat to last-place West Bromwich Albion, it is official: the race for second is on for Manchester United.
"And probably because I won eight championships I was not in the moon with the victory against them because that doesn't make me feel super happy, and in my opinion affected for sure some of the people that were too happy just with that".
He said: "We've got faith in one another, the players, the staff. Things have gone a bit by the wayside this year". Everything was complicated. We couldn't think fast, we couldn't play fast.
"We didn't want [to play] or couldn't play simple, everything was slow, one more flick, trick, turn".
- #blackout Bevin: Governor's words prompting another teacher protest
- Full Metal Jacket star R. Lee Ermey dies aged 74
- Salah prefers Champions League to Golden Boot
- PM Modi presents a pair of slippers to a tribal woman
- WhatsApp now allows you to re-download deleted photos and videos
- BJP's Kuldeep Singh Sengar sent to 7-day CBI custody
- China and Japan hold high-level trade talks as trade deal nears
- David Silva celebrates Premier League title triumph with son
- Pentagon Says 'Mission Accomplished' With Missile Strikes On Syria
- Shark Attack Near Gracetown