After an 11-year playing career with stops with the Knicks, New Jersey Nets, Kansas City/Sacramento Kings, Clippers, Houston Rockets and Cleveland Cavaliers, Woodson joined the Bucks in 1996 as an assistant coach. At the end of the day, you want to come to NY, based on my body of work there. "I want to come back more fluid".
With Porzingis, Ntilikina, and Tim Hardaway Jr., this Knicks team definitely has some promise, but if they want to break their five-year playoff drought, changes will have to be made. He was sacked with a 30-11 record in the middle of the 2015-16 season, immediately learning the hard way that you have no job security in Cleveland if LeBron James doesn't want you as his coach. "I'm sure the front office, they will make the right decisions and build something that can go a long way", said Porzingis, who averaged 22.7 points, 6.6 rebounds and 2.4 blocks in 48 games.
Former Orlando Magic head coach Frank Vogel is wasting no time in his search for a new head coaching gig, and has is eye set on the Big Apple.
They replaced him with Derek Fisher, who was sacked a year later for Jeff Hornacek, who has now also been dismissed. It was reported Saturday that David Fizdale and Jerry Stackhouse were on the list of candidates that NY would interview. Woodson had worked with Mills for one season in 2013-14 and Perry in Detroit as an assistant coach. He went 109-79 in two-and-a-half seasons with the franchise.
Woodson, 60, coached the Knicks from midway through the 2011-12 season through 2014.
"I would be insane not to, " said Woodson, who served six seasons in Atlanta.
If he were to get hired, this would be Woodson's second stint with the Knicks. "Somebody calls me and gives me the opportunity to talk, I'd be happy to talk".
- Russia accuses UK of staging 'fake' chemical attack in Syria
- Former first lady Barbara Bush in failing health
- October day 2 box-office collection: Varun Dhawan's film records 48% growth
- Kathua rape case: Mehbooba Mufti accepts resignation of BJP ministers
- #Kathua: When will our daughters get justice? Rahul asks PM Modi
- No matter how influential Unnao accused is, he won't be spared: Yogi
- President Trump says military strike in Syria underway
- Amazon.Com INC (AMZN) Stake Lifted by L & S Advisors Inc
- United Kingdom action in Syria nears as PM wins Cabinet approval
- Trump calls for prosecuting 'untruthful slime ball' ex-FBI chief Comey