Police were first alerted by a Pandesara resident whose wife and a neighbour had spotted the body in the bushes during their morning walk on 6 April.
There were severe injuries to the girl's private parts caused by a blunt object, according to the autopsy report.
Police announced a reward of Rs 20,000 for information that would help identify her. "Samples have been sent for forensics tests to determine whether she was sexually assaulted", said Surat commissioner of police Satish Sharma.
Police have registered a case under sections 302 (Punishment for murder), 323 (Punishment for voluntarily causing hurt), and 376 (Punishment for rape), and under provisions of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO) against unidentified persons. She was kept inside a temple in Rasana village where the accused, who include temple official and policemen, sedated and gangraped her for several days before strangulating her to death and dumping the body in a nearby forest.
In between the process of acquiring justice for the rape of minors, today the body of a teenager girl was found in Surat. "We are trying to establish the identity of the girl", police officer KB Jhala said. According to sources, the police has already seen profiles of about 8,000 girls, who have gone missing from different states.
Police are yet to make any headway on the girl's identity or the perpetrators of the ghastly crime. "Even after eight days, the parents of the girl are yet to be identified".
"As a country, as a society we all are ashamed of it (rapes)", Prime Minister Narendra Modi said. "Our daughters will definitely get justice", the honorable PM added further.
The incident has been reported from Gujarat's Surat's Bhestan city where another innocent was abducted, brutally raped, and murdered, left in the cricket field.
In another case of rape of a 17-year-old girl in Unnao in Uttar Pradesh, the CBI on Friday arrested BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar, hours after the Allahabad High Court ordered his immediate arrest saying he was influencing the "law and order machinery".
- Meghan Markle flies to Chicago to finalize visa application
- Strikes on Syria did not hit areas near Russian bases: Moscow
- Brokerages Anticipate ICICI Bank (IBN) Will Announce Earnings of $0.08 Per Share
- NASA's TESS to launch on Monday to hunt planets
- Boston Celtics vs. Milwaukee Bucks - 4/17/18 NBA Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- NBA Playoffs Game 1 on ABC
- 'Rampage' Stomps Past 'A Quiet Place' for $34.5 Million Box Office Win
- This is our proudest victory, says Vincent Kompany
- Manchester City clinches 2017-18 Premier League title
- Swansea boost survival hopes with late Everton draw