Nine batsmen have been included in the squad to counter the hard playing position in England.Azhar Ali, Imam-ul-Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Sami Aslam have been included in the squad as opening batsmen. "We have tried to strengthen our batting and also considered giving a chance to youngsters [on the tour] as the next World Cup is in England", the Dawn quoted Inzamam, as saying.
The Pakistan Test squad is as follows: Pakistan squad: Sarfraz Ahmed (captain), Azhar Ali, Imam-ul-Haq, Sami Aslam, Haris Sohail, Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman, Saad Ali, Asad Shafiq, Usman Salahuddin, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Abbas, Hasan Ali, Rahat Ali, Faheem Ashraf. His average from 145 games is 55.3 which comfortably the best in Pakistan's recent history.
Pakistan will be without the services of Yasir Shah, who misses out due to a hip injury. As a result, Shadab Khan, who has played one Test to date, will assume the role of Pakistan's frontline spinner.
Most Twitter users criticised the selection of Saad Ali - Karachi based upper order batsman who was the highest run-scorer in last year's Quaid-e-Azam Trophy - and Chief Selector Inzamamul Haq's nephew Imamul Haq, both of whom have an average much less than Fawad's in the domestic circuit. He was our strike bowler.
Fawad played his last test against New Zealand in 2009.
Mohammad Amir will lead the pace attack, for which Rahat Ali was recalled, but there was no place for Wahab Riaz. "I hope he recovers quickly from his injury because we have some big home Test series coming up after this series too, and we will need him in the UAE". The match on 11 May in Dublin will be Ireland's first ever.
The Asian side will then travel to England to play two Tests, at Lord's (May 24-28) and Headingley (June 1-5).
- Rockets beat T-Wolves 104-101 in playoff series opener
- Jon Rahm proud of 'hardest Sunday' after Open de Espana victory
- Mother Arrested After 2-Year-Old Tests Positive For Meth
- Comey takes a swipe at Trump in plug for new book
- Sunday marks five years since Boston Marathon bombing
- PM Modi presents a pair of slippers to a tribal woman
- JIT formed to probe firing incidents at SC judge's house
- Russian Federation calls Syrian 'chemical attack' staged
- Full Metal Jacket star R. Lee Ermey dies aged 74
- Bangladesh and United Nations agree on voluntary return for Rohingya refugees