Guardiola's men secured their third PL trophy with five games of the season to go and this league title is City's fifth in club history. The skipper undoubtedly would have preferred to win it at Old Trafford last weekend, but in the end City won the war over neighbours United despite losing that particular battle.
Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne on Twitter: "Unbelievable season for us. The levels that Pep Guardiola has taken City to this season, I can't see any of the other sides competing with them in the next five years if they continue playing at this level".
After a tough week that saw their Champions League hopes ended, City put an end to a run of three successive defeats with a hard-fought 3-1 victory away to Tottenham Hotspur to move 16 points clear.
City were crowned champions thanks to the result, having missed out on the title the previous week when the Red Devils prevailed at the Etihad Stadium.
"[It's] more hard", he told a news conference. This league title is for you too! That's why winning in this way, hopefully next Sunday it will remain in our hearts for the rest of our life.
City clinched the first division league title in 1936-1937 and 1967-1968, while they have won the competition in its current form twice - in 2011-2012 and 2013-2014. "It's good for the Premier League as well".
"And, fingers crossed, he will go to Russian Federation injury free and still in good form, and as a Premier League victor to boot".
United were top of the table after 40 of their 42 matches and eventually finished eight points clear of second-placed Blackburn before thrashing Chelsea 4-0 in the FA Cup final.
Man City are one win from the title.
"It was a good test, especially after what happened last week".
"I don't know if I was the first or if I was the second or the third, but I congratulated them face-to-face when I had the chance to do it". "Today, we've done it many, many times and that's why we're in the position we are".
So City boss Guardiola won't be watching the match on television.
Asked if he will check the score, he said: "I have a golf game with my son - bogey, double bogey, birdie".
"We will see. Football is unpredictable".
"Before the derby it was in our hands".
Kompany, at home in Manchester, revealed many of his team-mates had flown off for mini-breaks to see family and friends after being given three days off.
"You can win the Champions League in seven games, the league is 10 months. It's incredible, the guys are incredible".
- Jason Roy delivers match-winning innings for Delhi Daredevils
- Extra glass of wine, beer takes 30 minutes off your life
- Kim Kardashian Calls Saint West And Dream Kardashian 'Blessings' In New Photo
- Meghan Markle flies to Chicago to finalize visa application
- Boston Celtics vs. Milwaukee Bucks - 4/17/18 NBA Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- What to expect from severe weather Sunday in SC
- Polls close in Montenegro presidential election
- British-French join hands in operation against Syria's chemical weapons
- Trump Lawyer Cohen Reportedly Seeking Restraining Order Over FBI Raids
- 'I'm afraid for my child': Girl comes home from daycare missing teeth