Gronkowski still is considering whether to play the upcoming 2018 season, and has had "good communication" with the Patriots, per the source.
Gronkowski won't be attending the first day of the voluntary workout sessions, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. In other years, Brady has been a regular participant at the team's offseason program, but he will miss at least the beginning this year.
Gronkowski reportedly grew exhausted of the "high-strung" culture within the Patriots organization.
With 474 catches for 7,179 yards and 76 touchdowns in his career through only eight seasons, the 28-year-old Gronkowski is already among the most productive tight ends in National Football League history.
Even though he's been working out at the TB12 Sports Therapy Center at Gillette Stadium, he still hasn't said whether or not he's playing this coming season.
The Patriots open the voluntary portion of their offseason program on Monday. It's unclear if Gronkowski was one of them.
- Injured Broncos cheered by Stanley Cup visit to their hospital bedsides
- 'I'm afraid for my child': Girl comes home from daycare missing teeth
- This is our proudest victory, says Vincent Kompany
- 35-year-old pregnant woman in Uttar Pradesh gangraped by 4
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath must be sacked for 'shielding' rape accused: Congress
- Last minute tax tips before Tuesday's filing deadline
- Pope John (5) at Randolph (10) - Boys Lacrosse
- Swansea boost survival hopes with late Everton draw
- Mehbooba Mufti requests J&K High Court to fast track Kathua rape case
- Extra glass of wine, beer takes 30 minutes off your life