The S&P BSE Mid-Cap index rose 81.19 points or 0.49 per cent to settle at 16,677.76.
Indian markets are expected to trade with a negative bias as tension in Syria escalates leading to a surge in crude oil prices.
India's exports dipped by 0.66 per cent to United States dollars 29.11 billion in March, even as they increased by 9.78 per cent for the full 2017-18 fiscal.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.50 per cent lower in Friday's trade.
The 50-share NSE Nifty too moved in a wide range on hectic selling and buying and finally closed 47.75 points, or 0.46%, higher at 10,528.35. Intra-day, it hovered between 10,396.35 and 10,540.15.
Meanwhile, foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) sold shares worth Rs 399.59 crore on net basis, while domestic institutional investors (DIIs) sold equities to the tune of Rs 306.05 crore last Friday, provisional data showed.Читайте также: Pakistan include five uncapped players in Test squad
In the Sensex kitty, Hero MotoCorp emerged best performer by surging 2.02 per cent, followed by Kotak Bank 1.88 per cent.
Other major losers were Tata Motors, Wipro, Axis Bank, ONGC, NTPC, RIL, Dr Reddy's SBI, Bharti Airtel, ICICI Bank, Maruti Suzuki, Asian Paint and Tata Steel, falling by up to 1.54 per cent.
Shares of Infosys, the country's second-largest IT services company, closed 3.3 percent lower after declining as much as 6 percent.
Tata Motors Ltd shares declined over 2% after a news report said that Jaguar Land Rover is planning to cut almost 1,000 jobs as it scales back production at some of its United Kingdom sites.
Healthy buying in healthcare and fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) stocks however restricted further losses.
Among other Asian markets, Hong Kong's Hang Seng shed 1.44%, while Shanghai Composite Index was down 1.05% in early trade.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- JIT formed to probe firing incidents at SC judge's house
- British Jets Take off from Cyprus Base Before Hitting Targets in Syria
- Comey takes a swipe at Trump in plug for new book
- South Africa's anti-apartheid heroine Winnie Mandela laid to rest
- CJ Anderson released by Broncos, should Dolphins sign RB?
- Armenians protest ex-leader's move to stay in power
- All accused in 2007 Mecca Masjid Blast acquitted
- John Stamos is Not Just an Uncle Anymore!
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium with Dual Rear Cameras Announced
- Beyonce Pays Homage To HBCUs; Reunites With Destiny's Child At Coachella