Manchester United's home defeat against West Bromwich Albion ensured Pep Guardiola's City were crowned as champions, with their impressive win against Tottenham on Saturday night enough to push them over the finishing line in a one-sided title race.
It evoked memories of Sir Alex Ferguson, the former United manager, being on the golf course when he heard his team had clinched their first Premier League title following Oldham Athletic's victory at Aston Villa in May 1993.
It didn't contain the drama of 2011/12 with the "Aguerooooo!" moment but Manchester City are the Premier League champions for the third time.
"You just want to hold on to the feeling".
"If I had met him when I was 20 years old, I would have improved so much", the Belgium worldwide said.
I'm probably the first one to think about next season.
"I've never been able to retain a title, I want to see if this team has got it to carry on and be more successful".
"It is the same feeling as the first time, you can´t describe it", Kompany said.
Guardiola´s players will focus on those targets once they have recovered from a boisterous evening of celebrations in Manchester.
Kompany and Co posed for photos as they left the venue at 10.30pm, leaving to a chorus of "campiones, ole, ole, ole". There was a period of adaptation for him coming into the league and for us taking in his methods. You realise something can happen and it was a wonderful goal by Rodriguez so thank you!
"It shows how football is in Manchester".
Even though Kompany was clearly ecstatic to win the league, he says he wants his team to continue their winning ways next season: "Today I'm happy, and I suppose my teammates will roll their eyes if I say this, but I kind of want to know what the reaction is going to be now".
"It's been a fucking long journey... especially if you've been a blue for more than forty years in your heart!"
- Injured Broncos cheered by Stanley Cup visit to their hospital bedsides
- Mehbooba Mufti requests J&K High Court to fast track Kathua rape case
- President Donald Trump defends 'Mission Accomplished' claim
- Kim Kardashian Calls Saint West And Dream Kardashian 'Blessings' In New Photo
- Extra glass of wine, beer takes 30 minutes off your life
- EU Brexit negotiator: No Irish border breakthrough for weeks
- Swansea boost survival hopes with late Everton draw
- Polls close in Montenegro presidential election
- Strikes on Syria did not hit areas near Russian bases: Moscow
- What to expect from severe weather Sunday in SC