President Trump's advisers have concluded that a wide-ranging corruption investigation into his personal lawyer poses a greater and more imminent threat to the president than even the special counsel's investigation, according to several people close to Trump.
Prosecutors revealed the new details about the Cohen investigation after his lawyer appeared in court seeking to temporarily bar prosecutors from reviewing materials that FBI agents seized in a search this week of Cohen's office, home and hotel room.
"Bad reporting, bad information and bad story", Cohen tweeted, namechecking Peter Stone, the reporter behind the story.
Castro added that if it's found that Cohen was dishonest about this, the entire story about possible collusion with Russian Federation falls apart.
Cohen did not instantly respond to a petition comment. "There's been no finding of wrong doing against Michael Cohen either", said White House Principal Deputy Press Secretary.
Cohen also figures in the Trump-Russia investigation through his efforts, in 2015 and early 2016, to help Trump secure a licensing deal for construction of a Moscow high rise.
Ms Daniels, whose given name is Ms Stephanie Clifford, wants to be freed from a non-disclosure agreement under which she was paid US$130,000 (S$170,500) shortly before the 2016 presidential election to keep quiet about that encounter.
It's unclear whether Mueller's investigators also have evidence that Cohen met with a prominent Russian - purportedly Konstantin Kosachev, an ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin - in the Czech capital. Cohen's contacts on the project came as Trump was on the campaign trail, falsely insisting he had no business interests in Russian Federation.
Of Trump, McKay said: "His attorney-client privilege is no greater than any other person who seeks legal advice".
The web of investigative threads surrounding Cohen has not only eliminated his effectiveness of as an advocate for the president: they've made him a massive liability, offering a dizzying array of avenues for Mueller to explore.
The judge also heard a request from Michael Avenatti, Daniels' lawyer, to weigh in on the files because they likely involved her, and the judge consented.
- Manchester City clinches 2017-18 Premier League title
- Swansea boost survival hopes with late Everton draw
- What to expect from severe weather Sunday in SC
- Pope John (5) at Randolph (10) - Boys Lacrosse
- Malaga 1 Real Madrid 2: Isco downs struggling former side
- Extra glass of wine, beer takes 30 minutes off your life
- Mehbooba Mufti requests J&K High Court to fast track Kathua rape case
- Boston Celtics vs. Milwaukee Bucks - 4/17/18 NBA Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- United States blames Syria government for gas attack, mulls aggressive strike
- 'I'm afraid for my child': Girl comes home from daycare missing teeth