"The real culprit of Unnao's victim, who was raped reportedly in June 2017, and who pleaded at the doorstep of the BJP CM even attempting self-immolation is no one but the Chief Minister and he should immediately be sacked", said Surjewala. The accused was held by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for scrutinising objective on early Friday morning.
"As soon as the matter came to the notice of the government on April 9, we immediately constituted an SIT (Special Investigation Team) and initiated action in the matter.The policemen and doctors found guilty in the SIT report were suspended", the CM told reporters in Chitrakoot.
State government, however, has transferred the case to CBI, and left it over the national agency for Kuldeep Singh's arrest.
This comes a day after a senior BJP leader in Uttar Pradesh claimed that the chief minister had chose to arrest the accused MLA but his decision was changed after the intervention of a "prominent person".
He also thanked the chief minister for attempting to spread the ideology of Dr Ambedkar and launching several schemes that aimed to benefit dalits.
Two founding members of the outfit - S R Darapuri and Harish Chandra - claimed that Mahasabha president Lalji Nirmal had been promised a lucrative post by the state government and that was why he wanted to please the chief minister.
Sengar was on Friday morning detained by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for questioning in connection with the alleged gangrape case.
Further, Allahabad High Court said it will monitor the probe into the horrific rape case.
Later on Sunday, her father was picked up by the police and allegedly beaten up in custody by the MLA's brother Atul Singh and his aides, following which he died.
- 35-year-old pregnant woman in Uttar Pradesh gangraped by 4
- October day 2 box-office collection: Varun Dhawan's film records 48% growth
- Carrie Underwood Posts First Close-Up Selfie Since Her Accident
- Meghan Markle flies to Chicago to finalize visa application
- United States blames Syria government for gas attack, mulls aggressive strike
- Trump calls for prosecuting 'untruthful slime ball' ex-FBI chief Comey
- Kathua rape case: Mehbooba Mufti accepts resignation of BJP ministers
- Foxx responds to Speaker Ryan's Retirement announcement
- Swansea boost survival hopes with late Everton draw
- Faulty Apple Watch Series 2 battery? Apple will fix it for free