A woman named Rose, from Hoppers Crossing in Melbourne, told 3AW customers were offered lollies as they were asked to leave.
Registers have reportedly shut down at all Woolworths stores across Australia due to a technical outage.
'Everyone was walking out of the store empty handed.
Checkouts were unavailable in hundreds of Woolworths supermarkets
Woolworths stores across the country have had to shut down registers and are unable to make sales.
"The registers are now back online at all our stores", Woolworths tweeted just after 4.52pm. Good customer service would have been to let everyone now in the store have their trolley load for free. "Bad form.I'll stick to Aldi".
"...we can confirm an IT issue impacted registers in our supermarkets for a short period of time this afternoon", the company told customers on Twitter.Читайте также: Alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur hit with 8th murder charge
A technical issue has forced Woolworths shops across Australia to close. "This was related to an update to our IT systems", Mr Banducci said. "We apologise for any inconvenience caused".
Staff working at one of the affected stores, at Sydney's Town Hall, earlier confirmed the outage meant customers forced to leave without their purchases.
News Corp Australia has contacted Woolworths for comment.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
An IT glitch has hit about half Woolworth's 995 supermarkets in Australia.Код для вставки в блог
- James Harrison calls time on his National Football League career
- Man City takes EPL title as Man United crash to West Brom
- Shenmue 1 and 2 Announced for PS4, Xbox One, and PC
- Daryl Worley Charged With DUI, Disorderly Conduct After Arrest
- Beyonce Pays Homage To HBCUs; Reunites With Destiny's Child At Coachella
- Turkey says not siding with anyone on Syria
- US bans American companies from selling components to Chinese phone maker ZTE
- Elon Musk says that too much automation is slowing Model 3 production
- Bulgaria annual CPI records 2.2% inflation in March
- National Average Gasoline Price Nears 3-Year High