The team's will play a traditional doubleheader Tuesday starting at 2:07 p.m.
The Blue Jays may have thought their roof would allow them to finally play some games, but it's looking like the weather may snatch another spring baseball game this season.
Well, that tweet didn't age well, and it was actually deleted shortly after their roof was pierced by ice from the CN Tower. The entrance to the CN Tower and the Rogers Centre are closed.
The Blue Jays were scheduled to play a weekend series at Cleveland's Progressive Field, but the Saturday and Sunday games were rescheduled due to rain.
Incidentally, the Royals were the opposition the last time a game was postponed at Rogers Centre, back on April, 2001.
There have been no injuries reported yet.
BC-BBA-Blue Jays-Ice Storm, 2nd Ld-Writethru, 144Blue Jays game postponed because of falling ice chunksAP Photo FJT101, FJT102Eds: APNewsNow.
A weekend ice storm resulted in power outages, canceled flights and auto crashes.
Tarps were spread out along the artificial turf in right field and a hole could be seen in the roof at the downtown stadium.
- Pacers steal mojo and Game 1 from the Cavaliers: 3 takeaways
- US tells watchdog Russia 'may have tampered' with Douma attack site
- Sean Hannity Says Michael Cohen Never 'Represented' Him: 'I Never Retained Him'
- Pete Lau shares camera samples from OnePlus 6
- Please, snow more! Record-setting blizzard hits Mitchell area hard
- Fortnite Dev Talks Increasing the 100 Player Limit
- Video shows police officer being body slammed in Surfers Paradise
- Mariah Carey's Former Manager Sues Singer Over Alleged Civil Rights Act Violations
- KKR canter to 71-run win over Delhi
- WaPo: Trump hasn't signed off on Russian Federation sanctions Haley announced