The team's will play a traditional doubleheader Tuesday starting at 2:07 p.m.
The Blue Jays may have thought their roof would allow them to finally play some games, but it's looking like the weather may snatch another spring baseball game this season.
Well, that tweet didn't age well, and it was actually deleted shortly after their roof was pierced by ice from the CN Tower. The entrance to the CN Tower and the Rogers Centre are closed.
The Blue Jays were scheduled to play a weekend series at Cleveland's Progressive Field, but the Saturday and Sunday games were rescheduled due to rain.
Incidentally, the Royals were the opposition the last time a game was postponed at Rogers Centre, back on April, 2001.
There have been no injuries reported yet.
BC-BBA-Blue Jays-Ice Storm, 2nd Ld-Writethru, 144Blue Jays game postponed because of falling ice chunksAP Photo FJT101, FJT102Eds: APNewsNow.
A weekend ice storm resulted in power outages, canceled flights and auto crashes.
Tarps were spread out along the artificial turf in right field and a hole could be seen in the roof at the downtown stadium.
- More West Sussex children get top primary school choices
- Ravens interested in Bryant
- Binghamton freshman fatally stabbed, search on for suspect, officials say
- James Comey describes Donald Trump as a 'stain' in long-awaited TV interview
- Secrets behind resignation of 3 IEBC commissioners
- WaPo: Trump hasn't signed off on Russian Federation sanctions Haley announced
- Labour says Windrush generation treatment "unacceptable"
- Diplomacy takes centre stage 36 hours after Syria air strikes
- Comey's disdain for Trump has the simplest of explanations: Morality
- Sean Hannity Says Michael Cohen Never 'Represented' Him: 'I Never Retained Him'