Pro-Syrian regime outlets and social media accounts reported that air defences had foiled a missile attack on Shayrat airbase near Homs, the same location that was targeted in USA missile strikes past year.
The fresh attack comes as the US, France, and Britain launched a missile strike on Syrian military positions in the capital Damascus and in Homs last Saturday over the same allegations of chemical weapons' use by the Syrian government forces.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a UK-based war monitor, reported that big explosions were heard near Shayrat airbase and two other airbases near Damascus.
In Washington, Pentagon spokeswoman Heather Babb said: "There are no U.S. or coalition operations in that area".Читайте также: Watch the Trailer for Hotel Artemis Because It Flippin' Rules
"We don't comment on such reports", Reuters quoted a spokesman for the Israeli military as saying.
Unconfirmed reports said that Syrian air defenses had also intercepted three missiles aimed at Dumair military airport north east of Damascus.
Meanwhile, Russia says it will help secure visit of global chemical weapons inspectors to site of an alleged attack in Syria.
Shayrat air base was targeted by US Tomahawk missiles in April a year ago in a strike ordered by President Donald Trump in retaliation for a suspected chemical attack on the rebel-held town of Khan Sheikhun in Idlib. Another strike earlier this month in Homs was blamed on Israel.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Prosecutors: Probe of Trump lawyer Michael Cohen centers on Cohen's business dealings
- Netflix INC (NFLX) Holder Srs Investment Management LLC Cut Its Stake
- Domino's Pizza, Inc. (NYSE:DPZ): A Distinct Look Into The Stock
- Man charged with sexually assaulting 11-year-old relative
- Syrian Air Defenses Target Missiles Over Homs, Damascus
- EPA chief's $43000 secure phone found to break spending laws
- Man City crowned champions after United defeat
- Netflix Orders Vampire Drama 'V-Wars' to Series, Ian Somerhalder to Star
- Russia says alleged chemical attack in Syria staged by UK
- Parents of Alfie Evans Launch Fresh Legal Challenge to Keep Son Alive