Earlier, the court heard that Ant told police after the crash: "I am very sorry I did this".
The driver of one of the cars - named as Mr NG - told the court he thought that Ant was dead after the crash, and he came round the corner "like a rocket".
The 42-year-old was driving with his mother through Richmond, west London, when he crashed his Mini into two other cars on 18 March.
Saturday Night Takeaway presenter Ant McPartlin addressed media outside court this afternoon after pleading guilty to his drink-driving charge.
The driver of one, reading a witness statement, said that his auto "came round the corner like a rocket".
The driver of the Mini vehicle said afterwards, the court heard, that they thought they would die in the collision.
The court heard that Ant had 75mg of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath - twice the legal limit, according to The Telegraph. The legal limit in the United Kingdom is 35mg per 100ml of breath. "He hopes that in time he can make himself better and that he might be forgiven by all of the many people he knows and he feels he has let down terribly". Higher standards are expected of me, I expect them of myself.
'I just want to say I'm truly sorry for what happened, ' he said.
I let myself down, I let a lot of people down. And for that I am truly sorry.
'I accept full culpability for this and wish to apologise to all those concerned'.
The reporter spun her head around upon hearing the crash and apologised for breaking her flow, saying, "Excuse me, sorry, just some cars have just had a bit of a crash behind us".
The Newcastle native stood down from all of his TV commitments to return to rehab last month, having sought treatment a year ago for an addiction to prescription pain killers.
Ant has stepped away from all of his television roles since the accident in March, however, prerecorded episodes of Britain's Got Talent that Ant featured in will air as planned.
But ITV confirmed Donnelly will be hosting the live shows without his TV partner of nearly 30 years.
- Kendrick Lamar Wins Pulitzer Prize In Music For 'Damn'
- WaPo: Trump hasn't signed off on Russian Federation sanctions Haley announced
- Mariah Carey's Former Manager Sues Singer Over Alleged Civil Rights Act Violations
- Donovan Mitchell uncertain for Game 2 with 'left foot contusion'
- Bank of America says it feels no pressure to raise depositor rates
- Diplomacy takes centre stage 36 hours after Syria air strikes
- Buhari to Nigerians: Your confidence in us won't be abused
- Several cases of E. coli illness in Montana linked to romaine lettuce
- Binghamton freshman fatally stabbed, search on for suspect, officials say
- Pete Lau shares camera samples from OnePlus 6