The teenage gun control advocate has become a force to be reckoned since launching a ferocious advertiser boycott against Fox News host Laura Ingraham, after the conservative firebrand made fun of him on Twitter.
"David Hogg, one of the high students from Parkland, Fla. who have been pushing a mass-media gun-control campaign since a former student shot dead 17 high school classmates and staffers and wounded dozens more, urged investors Wednesday morning to "#BoycottVanguard" and "#BoycottBlackRock" for their gun investments.
BlackRock and Vanguard are two of the largest managers of exchange traded funds, and are the biggest owners of publicly traded firearms manufacturers, including Storm Ruger and American Outdoor Brands.
There's a reason the two are so heavily invested - as so-called passive investors, they have to buy every stock in the index they track.
The firm - which has more than $6 trillion in assets under management - said it would launch new investor portfolios that specifically excluded shares in gun manufacturers or retailers, including Walmart.Читайте также: 30% of coral died in 'catastrophic' 2016 heatwave
The chart seems to say that, as of Dec, 31, 2017, Blackrock held $63 million in shares in gun manufacturers, Invesco nearly $51 million, and Vanguard about $47 million. It has also said it will hold discussions with gun manufacturers about their businesses.
"Vanguard is taking action, meeting with the leaders of gun manufacturers and distributors". "We want to know how they will mitigate the risks that their products pose and how they plan to help prevent such tragedies from happening again". Since the February 14 school shooting, over a dozen major companies have ended partnerships with the NRA, including Hertz, Delta Airlines and MetLife.
Hogg organized a massive boycott of Ingraham's largest advertisers.
David Hogg, a student from Marjory Douglas Stoneman High School, speaking during the March For Our Lives event in Washington, DC on March 24, 2018.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Days Set Aside for Talks As CCMA Intervenes in Nationwide Bus Strike
- Inspectors allowed into site of Syrian chemical attack
- China Performs Maneuvers with Real Fire in Taiwan Strait
- Record label calls Record Store Day "an unwieldy grip-and-bitch fest"
- Kippah-wearing Jewish teen attacked in Berlin
- Analysts Still Worried About Netflix, Inc's (NFLX) Cash Burn Rate
- Enrapturing Stocks: Rio Tinto plc (NYSE:RIO), ConforMIS, Inc. (NASDAQ:CFMS)
- As Celgene Corp (CELG) Shares Declined, Shareholder Davis-Rea LTD Decreased Stake
- Starbucks to close 8000 US stores for bias training
- Hero pilot of ill-fated Southwest Airlines flight served at NAS in Lemoore