"We strive to give fans a seamless and more personalized experience, fans connect with the team across multiple touch points on digital platforms", said Amrit Thomas, chairman of Royal Challengers Bangalore. RCB should not worry here. The decision could have been tricky with Kohli's side having conceded 200 plus runs in their last two matches.
It was de Villiers' highest score batting second in the IPL after his 89 against Sunrisers Hyderabad in 2014 and 79 against Gujarat Lions in 2016.
RCB haven't had the best of starts to their IPL campaign in the ongoing season as they are sitting on the seventh spot with just one win from four matches.
RCB's bowling and fielding was economical from the off and they recovered well from a hard fifth over that brought Delhi's first two boundaries. This is the first match for Virat Kohli's RCB after his team's humiliating 46-run loss to Mumbai Indians. Gautam Gambhir, the Delhi skipper, never really looked the part and top-edged a pull off Yadav to Chahal at square leg. Jason Roy's trial by legspin has been well documented, and Kohli brought on Yuzvendra Chahal, who got early purchase off the surface that had begun to turn square, to exploit his vulnerability. He became the victim of Umesh Yadav as the first wicket.
Gautam Gambhir-led side too is sailing in the similar boat. While RCB were hammered by Mumbai Indians by 71 runs in their last game, DD had to face defeat at the hands of Kolkata Knight Riders.
In the bowling unit, young leggie Rahul Tewatia has lived upto the expectations of the franchise after scalping six wickets from four games.
Rishabh Pant not only dazzled the jarring crowd with his swashbuckling innings but he apparently anchored Delhi out of a shameful position on the match. The 20-year-old went berserk after that in the death overs. Gambhir's poor run continued with the bat as he was dismissed after an ugly innings, scoring just 3.
Pacer Trent Boult has also same number of wickets but has been slightly expensice after 8.62 rpo.
Both the teams are progressing while lying at the bottom of the IPL 2018i points table.
- Leo Cullen lauds 'clinical' Leinster as they reach Champions Cup final
- Coli outbreak warning extended to all types of romaine lettuce products
- Tina Fey surprises 'Mean Girls' fans on 'Fallon'
- Nazara Games and Royal Challengers Bangalore launch RCB Epic Cricket mobile game
- Jimmy Kimmel Announces 'Avengers: Infinity War' Week
- Range Resources Sees Unusually Large Options Volume (NYSE:RRC)
- Pelicans paste Blazers for 3-0 lead
- White Sox reliever Danny Farquhar stable after suffering aneurysm in dugout
- Justise Winslow fined $15000 for stepping on Joel Embiid's mask
- National Walkout a controversy at Neville High School