On Friday, Wenger revealed his decision to stand down at the end of the season, bringing his long tenure in North London to an end.
Former Arsenal striker Ian Wright has insisted Arsene Wenger must have been sacked as he can not believe his old boss would have walked away from his post.
Hoffenheim head coach Julian Nagelsmann played down reports linking him with Premier League giants Arsenal and Chelsea.
Arsenal fans pay the highest season ticket prices in the Premier League and rising discontent with Wenger has been clearly shown in vast swathes of empty seats for home games since an abject 3-0 League Cup final defeat against Manchester City in February.
The Gunners will take on Atletico Madrid in the first leg of their semi-final clash at The Emirates on Thursday night as they look to secure a route back into the Champions League for next season.
"I improved so much alongside you on and off the pitch".
Chile global Sanchez left Arsenal in January, having been lured to the Gunners from LaLiga giant Barcelona by Wenger in 2014.
"It's sad because he is a historical football legend, I always said he is a gentleman and a football master, he taught me a lot about respect and to be professional".
"I texted him yesterday to wish him the best", said Sanchez in the interview below.
Former Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud has paid tribute to the departing Arsene Wenger, thanking him for making his "childhood dream come true".
- United comeback sees Spurs miss final again
- Kathua victim was sexually assaulted, her hymen was not intact: Crime Branch
- Syracuse University expels fraternity involved in racist video
- Ruane Cunniff & Goldfarb INC Increased Its Stake in Amazon Com INC
- 'Toy drone' shot down near Saudi palaces
- Blast at election center in Afghan capital, dozens of casualties
- Infant raped, killed in MP; one arrested
- Athletics' Sean Manaea No-Hits Red Sox To End Boston's Win Streak
- World's oldest person dies at 117
- Southwest And Engine Manufacturer Disagree Over Timing Of Inspections