On Friday, Wenger revealed his decision to stand down at the end of the season, bringing his long tenure in North London to an end.
Former Arsenal striker Ian Wright has insisted Arsene Wenger must have been sacked as he can not believe his old boss would have walked away from his post.
Hoffenheim head coach Julian Nagelsmann played down reports linking him with Premier League giants Arsenal and Chelsea.
Arsenal fans pay the highest season ticket prices in the Premier League and rising discontent with Wenger has been clearly shown in vast swathes of empty seats for home games since an abject 3-0 League Cup final defeat against Manchester City in February.
The Gunners will take on Atletico Madrid in the first leg of their semi-final clash at The Emirates on Thursday night as they look to secure a route back into the Champions League for next season.
"I improved so much alongside you on and off the pitch".
Chile global Sanchez left Arsenal in January, having been lured to the Gunners from LaLiga giant Barcelona by Wenger in 2014.
"It's sad because he is a historical football legend, I always said he is a gentleman and a football master, he taught me a lot about respect and to be professional".
"I texted him yesterday to wish him the best", said Sanchez in the interview below.
Former Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud has paid tribute to the departing Arsene Wenger, thanking him for making his "childhood dream come true".
- Menard To Start 20th At Richmond
- Athletics' Sean Manaea No-Hits Red Sox To End Boston's Win Streak
- Microsoft Corp (MSFT) Shareholder First Pacific Advisors LLC Trimmed Its Holding
- Ruane Cunniff & Goldfarb INC Increased Its Stake in Amazon Com INC
- Modi misled by military on 'surgical strikes': Asif
- US Kept Syria Missile Strikes Within Russian 'Red Lines'
- Carl Frampton Defeats Nonito Donaire
- UFC Fight Night 128: Barboza vs. Lee Results
- Now Is the Time to Reconsider: Comcast Corporation (CMCSA)
- Mythri Movie Makers to produce Mahesh Babu-Sukumar movie