While he didn't win 17-year-old Sessegnon became the first player from outside the English top flight to be nominated for the award.
Salah's nomination comes as no surprise as he has been having a record-shattering season, equaling the top number of goals scored in a single season (31 goals), a feat that has not been achieved since 2013/2014 by Louis Swayers with Liverpool. Really rare in football that you win as an individual, but this team lifts from personality, players and I am really happy to be "your manager over the past year".
The votes determine PFA Player of the Year award, PFA Young Player of the Year award in addition to PFA Team of the Year award.
Sane finished first in the voting ahead of Harry Kane and Raheem Sterling, who finished second and third respectively.
Whilst Salah was modest about his successful season on the pitch for the Reds. "I would like to thank my team-mates and everyone at the club for helping me to make this happen".
Since his £39million move from Roma, Salah has been a major influence in Jurgen Klopp's side reaching the semi-finals of the Champions League, terrorising Premier League and European defences with his pace and exquisite finishing.
When asked if he had a point to prove, he added: 'I think I left, and then I came back as a different person, a different man, a different player.
He has provided more assists (15) and created more chances (104) than any other player in the Premier League this season, as well as scoring eight goals.
- Boss of Australia's Biggest Wealth Management Firm Quits Amid Scandal
- Coaching centres a 'distraction', to be shut for now
- Thomas shines as Racing ride fast start to reach final
- Beyonce 'slays' her second Coachella show
- Google has responded to crashes in Russian Federation
- Keys helps U.S. book Czech Fed Cup final
- Australian dog receives police honours for keeping lost child safe
- The No. 2 Question In 'Westworld' Finally Has An Answer
- Rayudu toast of CSK's narrow four-run win over SRH
- Adrien Broner goes wild in controversial interview after Vargas fight