Nolan Arenado was initially called safe when he tried to score on a bases-loaded pitch that bounced to the backstop, then was ruled out on a video review that ended a 9-7 win for the Chicago Cubs over the Colorado Rockies on Sunday.
Between all of the rainouts and the inconsistencies from the pitching staff and the offense, 2018 has gotten off to a odd start for the Chicago Cubs. Wednesday at Pittsburgh, Colorado was drubbed 10-2 when left-hander Kyle Freeland gave up five runs in just four innings.
Trevor Story hit a two-run triple in the third on a fly ball Heyward loss in the sun, and home runs on consecutive pitches by Charlie Blackmon and Arenado cut the Rockies' deficit to 6-4 in the fifth. The Cubs have also seen five of their games postponed because of bad weather already, so that has played a role in preventing them from getting into a groove. Bote, who grew up in Longmont, approximately 28 miles from Coors Field, doubled in his first at-bat and went 1-for-3. Perhaps more impressive than Baez's actual hot streak has been his situational hitting. Veteran Chad Bettis, who's scheduled to start Monday against San Diego, has been the saving grace, going 3-0 over four starts with a 1.44 ERA. Darvish finished with five runs allowed on five hits and four walks in 4 2/3 innings.
The Braves jumped on him early and often, with Ozzie Albies leading off the game with a dinger.
From the 5th inning on, the game was rather quiet offensively since neither team got any hits. We have to keep the ball away from the zone, especially in this.
The Rockies offense, which has struggled for a majority of the season, was sluggish in the early going.
"Obviously, you got to be a hundred percent (sure) there", Arenado said. Can these two starters hold up in this one? "I don't know why he was so hyper saying that, but you know, it didn't get me out of my game". Jose Quintana has a 8.16 ERA and a 1.81 WHIP ion the year so far and the Rockies are certainly capable of hanging a big number on him, especially at home and especially with Arenado back in the lineup. Baez hit a no-doubter to the deepest part of the park in the second inning, and he later tacked on a two-RBI double in the seventh to extend the Cubs' lead. I will look for at least 15 runs in this one, which makes for an easy play on the Over and we tie a nice little ribbon around this play with the fact that the Over is 19-9 the last 28 meetings between these teams here in Colorado.
- PHILADELPHIA | Guentzel scores 4 goals to lead Penguins to Game 6 clinch
- Keys, Stephens move United States of America into second straight Fed Cup final
- Puzzle Fighter Closing as Capcom Focuses on Dead Rising Development
- Royal baby news! Kate goes into hospital
- Liga Skromane: Remains of tourist found in India a month on
- James Cameron compares Avatar sequels to The Godfather
- 7 parties submit notice to impeach Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra
- 'A Quiet Place' returns to no. 1 in third week for Paramount
- Icardi: "Dobbiamo continuare bene, Lazio e Roma non molleranno"
- Free Apple On Delta Flight Costs Woman Huge Fine