The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge left St. Mary's Hospital in London around seven hours later, showing off their baby to the world's media and royal fanatics camped outside.
Meanwhile, Prince Charles, who is expected to visit his new grandson later this week after he returns from a trip to France to mark Anzac Day today, said he was "so pleased" at the latest addition to his family - the eighth grandchild between himself and his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall.
After posing for dozens of photographers and camera crews outside the hospital's private Lindo Wing, the trio headed home, with the baby nestled securely in a auto seat. In keeping with royal tradition, Will, a perfectly put-together Kate and the new baby made their debut only hours after giving birth. Television news helicopters followed the royal Range Rover as it made the mile-long (1.6 kilometer) journey to the family's Kensington Palace residence.
The new baby is a younger brother to four-year-old Prince George and Princess Charlotte, who turns three next week and yesterday stole the hearts of royal watchers world over.
The new royal's name has not been announced yet.
The birth was also to be celebrated with a 41-gun salute in London's Hyde Park, while 62 rounds were fired near the Tower of London. According to Time, she paired the frock with a pair of Gianvito Rossi nude heels, which retail for $675.
Early Monday morning, Kensington Palace shared that Kate, 36, had been admitted to the hospital and was in labor.
"From one mother to another, I know the reality of being outnumbered can be very scary, but I know she and Prince William will continue to be wonderful parents", Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, herself a mother of three, said during a White House briefing.
- Christina Aguilera Does Carpool Karaoke With the Help of Melissa McCarthy
- Anzac Day: Thousands attend Toowoomba dawn service
- Danish inventor to appeal murder sentence
- Lockheed Martin Raises 2018 Guidance After Q1 Earnings, Revenue Beat
- Fresno State prof won't be fired for Barbara Bush tweets
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE:BMY) Dips Under Moving Averages
- Nvidia Corporation (NVDA) Shareholder Mark Asset Management Corp Decreased Stake
- Paris Jackson to relatives: No, I'm not having a breakdown
- Democrat wins state Senate seat, GOP stay in control
- Cosby 'was away' on day of disputed assault