Cohan was reportedly playing hardball with her Season 9 contract, and it was the flawless time to do that.
Cohan was at CinemaCon to promote her upcoming movie "Mile 22", and Entertainment Weekly asked if she'll return to TWD.
Now Cohan's return still doesn't explain how much time she'll be spending on The Walking Dead during season 9 - it could possibly be in a recurring status or she might be back full time. The pay gap situation has become a hot topic in the industry right now and Lauren Cohan more then deserves to be compensated accurately for her raw performance as The Widow.
The Walking Dead isn't leaving behind one of its most beloved characters. The finale set up a coming showdown between members of our beloved group, with disagreements on how Negan was handled, mostly because Rick let him live. This led some to believe that Maggie's days on the show were numbered.
Just in case there was any stress over whether or not Lauren Cohan would return to The Walking Dead for season 9, some of that may be lifted now. "There's a lot more Maggie story to tell". Cohan could be referring to Maggie's pregnancy, which is still in the early stages of development, as well as her rise as the leader of the Hilltop. There was some concern that she wouldn't return - Cohan booked an ABC drama pilot and she was reportedly upset about being paid less than her male co-stars - but according to EW, negotiations ended peacefully and she'll back for season nine (and beyond?).
Recently Walking Dead showrunner, Scott Gimple revealed that Season 9 will see Maggie continue to fuel her hatred for Negan, and while she's busy leading the people of the Hilltop she'll be plotting her revenge on Negan and possibly anyone who stands in her way. If it doesn't get picked up at all, she's free to stay with The Walking Dead for however long as she chooses.
- Dow Jones falls almost 425 points; Caterpillar reports earnings plateau
- Singapore: Inuka, the first ever polar bear born in the tropics, dies
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD)
- TSB mobile and online 'up and running'
- Trump's Travel Ban Faces US Supreme Court Reckoning
- $496m Withdrawal: Tension As Hon. Chinda Moves for Buhari's Impeachment
- Lexus Shows Confidence With First Ever ES F Sport Version
- Sonic Mania Plus Is Coming Out On 17th July
- A new map of the milky way contains over a billion stars
- Body of Italian woman exhumed for autopsy