Reeves will reprise his role Ted "Theodore" Logan and Winter is portraying Bill S. Preston Esq.
Bill & Ted Face the Music will find the title characters now middle-aged and with families of their won. They've written thousands of tunes, but they have yet to write a good one, much less the greatest song ever written. The first Bill & Ted film, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, was released on February 17, 1989, followed by a sequel two years later entitled Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.
The third movie of the series is now in pre-production and has been written by the original creators of the franchise, Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon. And better yet, we'll get to see Reeves shed the gruff, brooding persona that he's worn so well in the incredible John Wick series (which the workaholic is now filming too!) and go back to the stoner persona that first launched him to fame.
The pair have confirmed they are reteaming for a third movie in the franchise, The Sun reports.
The third instalment will not be set in the future shown in the previous films - Bill and Ted are now world famous musicians - instead they are just middle aged guys with family, whjo are still awful at music.
With this latest news qualifies as "soon" is subject to debate, but the film has moved into pre-production, with worldwide sales pegged to launch at Cannes.
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure was an unexpected success. "Chris and Ed wrote an unbelievable script, and with Dean at the helm, we've got a dream team" reports Variety. Evan Richards, Christopher Kennedy and Rick Overton replaced the original central trio, seemingly in preparation for the three playing the same roles in Fox's live-action Bill& Ted's Excellent Adventures show the following year.
Reeves went on to be a massive star, making classics like Speed, Point Break, The Matrix and John Wick.
In that same chat, Solomon also said that they had Dean Parisot (Galaxy Quest) directing, yet they were still having trouble obtaining financing (despite Steven Soderbergh having signed on as an executive producer).
- Global crude oil prices inch up on possible Iran sanction worries
- NewsAlert: Mariners pitcher James Paxton throws no-hitter against Blue Jays
- Dana White Confirms Mega Co-Main Event Target For UFC 227
- Buhari set to depart Nigeria for United Kingdom on medicals
- 'Scare tactics' will not deter Congress: Siddaramaiah
- Calvin Harris involved in weekend auto crash
- Jay-Z Slams SEC Subpoena As 'Celebrity Hunt'
- A Skin for a Cause - Pink Mercy
- You could be entitled to $1200 from Dish Network telemarketer lawsuit
- Josep Maria Bartomeu: 'Barcelona working on Samuel Umtiti deal'