World Cup hosts Russian Federation have been fined 30,000 Swiss francs ($A40,000) by governing body FIFA following discriminatory chants from fans during the friendly against France in Saint Petersburg on March 27. It is reported Bloomberg.
He said: "The organisation reiterates its belief that the lack of effective action from Fifa against the issue of racism in Russian football will likely result in the further abuse of black players in matches involving the country".
Video from the match, which France won, showed that the Russian audience is deliberately imitated the sounds of monkeys in relation to the midfielder Manchester United Field Pogba before the Frenchman scored a goal.
Zenit St Petersburg have been charged twice by UEFA this season with the second case due to be judged just two weeks before the World Cup begins.Читайте также: Jordan Peele Announces New Horror Film 'Us'
"FIFA can today confirm that the Russian Football Union has been sanctioned with a fine of CHF 30,000 for discriminatory chants by fans during the global friendly match between Russia and France played in Saint Petersburg on 27 March 2018", it said in a press release.
"FIFA has a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination", said the governing body in a statement.
Russian organisers have been at pains to play down persistent allegations of discrimination but have been subject to a number of sanctions in recent months.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- CDC Report: Illness From Tick Bites Rising, Symptoms, Prevention
- Convicted felon, gang leader charged in shooting of ATF agent in Chicago
- Malaysia GE: Voting begins for 'the mother of all elections'
- Former Reggae Boy Moore named Premier League Manager of the Month
- Intercontinental Exchange Inc (NYSE:ICE) Short Interest Increased By 20.32%
- Jim Renacci Wins GOP Senate Primary To Face Sherrod Brown in General
- Buffett and Gates slam bitcoin for being a non-productive investment
- Up to 7 girls could be buried in Michigan woods, authorities say
- Walmart Wins Over Amazon In $15 Billion Flipkart Battle
- Injury update on Cristiano Ronaldo ahead of Champions League final