I know what it takes and feels like to win and be in that position, and it was more disappointing emotion that came over me past year saying that I feel I've got all this talent. Jordan Spieth, Rory McIlroy, and Jason Day are the Vegas co-favorites at 14-1.
He missed the cut at the Zurich Classic of New Orleans two weeks ago and didn't play last week, but he said he's feeling pretty good heading into the Players on a course he loves.
He had just come off a birdie on 16th and a par on 17th. Plus, this week heads back to TPC Sawgrass, a venue where there are more good vibes.
I think I've got some demons to exorcise. Even a bogey on 18th would have got him inside the projected cutline at 1 over.
So who wins the 2018 Players Championship?
However, the Columbus, Ohio-based star let slip a three-shot lead on the back nine before rallying with back-to-back birdies at 16 and 17 - the latter almost a hole in one - to beat Americans Aaron Wise and Nick Watney.
"(With) the excitement that's been going on around here it gets me thinking, "Why don't we just bypass all the ancillary stuff of a tournament and just go head-to-head and just have kind of a high-stake, winner-take-all match", Mickelson joked in his pre-tournament press conference. "I've already decided I'll hit 2-iron off that tee regardless of the pin and regardless of the wind". "It's easy to get burned out in a position that you're in the spotlight. There may be an occasion I might have to hit driver if I'm in contention or if I'm one back". Spieth has four top-10 finishes this year out of 10 tournaments, but has missed the cut twice. "It's a week where I feel well prepared for".
Lahiri began the 2017-18 PGA season strongly with two early top-10s in Malaysia (T-10 at CIMB) and South Korea (T-5 at CJ Cup @ Bridges), but that was in September-October.
But his form has dipped since and Lahiri hopes he will be in top shape ahead of the $11 million showpiece event, considered within golf as the sport's "fifth Major". Thomas has also made the cut in all nine tournaments he's competed in. Now he stands at 100 in world rankings and trying hard not to fall outside the elite group.
- Ailing Donovan Mitchell watches Jazz's elimination from bench
- Kendall & Kylie Jenner's Met Gala Style
- NewsAlert: Mariners pitcher James Paxton throws no-hitter against Blue Jays
- A look at Iran's nuclear program under 2015 deal
- Joel Embiid and Terry Rozier get technical fouls after skirmish
- PSEB 10th result 2018 declared, Gurpreet Singh tops exam with 98%
- CPI(M), RSS workers killed in violence; hartal in Kerala's Kannur and Mahe
- BMW M5 Competition details leaked ahead of reveal
- MP resigns in wake of High Court ruling
- Cordray, DeWine projected to win OH gubernatorial primaries