After another attempt was denied, Lo Celso managed to find the target in the 26th minute, as his left-footed curling shot beat Les Herbiers goalkeeper Matthieu Pichot. Marquinhos was adjudged to have handled in the build-up, which saw the ball turned onto the crossbar by Les Herbiers defender Diaranke Fofana.
However, 2-0 was how the score remained at the full-time whistle as PSG add the French Cup to the Ligue 1 title and League Cup success this season. PSG attacking and dominating possession in these early stages, as you'd expect. A very big mistake of Yuri Berchiche on the Vendean captain, Sébastien Flochon but his villain tackle from behind is worth to the Spaniard the first card of the match.
There were no surprises about the result - PSG claiming their third treble in four seasons with a 2-0 win thanks to Giovani Lo Celso and Edinson Cavani. Thiago Silva ball in the box, Mbappé imposes his head but does not catch the frame.
Les Herbiers had gained worldwide attention following their 10-game French Cup run, which started in front of 217 fans in October and ended in front of 73,772 at the Stade de France.
Pichot produced another smart save with his legs from Mbappe's close-range effort, before PSG eventually wrapped things up in the 75th minute when Cavani latched onto Angel Di Maria's pass and was brought down as he went to round the goalkeeper.
- Kei Nishikori loses to Novak Djokovic in first round at Madrid Open
- Bill & Ted 3 Is Actually Happening
- Facebook Creates Blockchain Team in Major Company Shakeup
- Remember Where Tottenham Hotspur Came From - Mauricio Pochettino On Club Development
- Two Russian Pilots Died after a Helicopter Crashed in Eastern Syria
- Wellens won the stage with the mountain interchange
- Job openings in U.S. jump to record 6.55mn in March
- JetBlue outer windshield shatters midair
- AMU exams delayed; start on May 12
- Lahiri eyes redemption at Players Championship