He said: "The deal is not done but there is some interest".
The Mail reports that majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri was keen to allow the 32-year-old to leave the Toffees during the upcoming summer window, and a £12.5 million move to MLS appeared to be all but done with Rooney resigned to leaving the club he only rejoined in 2017.
The Washington Post, citing an unnamed source close to DC United, reported that the chances of Rooney coming to the U.S. capital are "50-50" and that no formal agreement had been reached. However, it was just speculation with neither party having confirmed concrete interest until Olsen did when he was asked about Rooney's potential arrival in the summer. Click any of these buttons below!
"My understanding of the situation is there seems to have been some negotiation somewhere along the line", said Allardyce.Читайте также: International Nurses' Day: President calls nurses 'true nation-builders'
'If any players want to leave, I'm always comfortable with any player who wants to leave or if any player doesn't want to leave. All I know is there is interest - where Wayne lies with it I can't tell you at the moment. But let's put this right: "Wayne Rooney has not asked to leave and neither has Wayne Rooney had any confrontation with me or been in any hard situation in the time since I've been here because we are two adults and we talk".
"Wayne Rooney has not asked to leave, nor has he had a confrontation with me because we are adults", said Allardyce.
Allardyce's own future at Goodison Park has also been under scrutiny in recent weeks, amid protests from some Everton supporters unhappy with his management and the style of football played by his side.
When first asked about the deal, Olson told reporters in the U.S.: "I don't know what you're talking about".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Simpson extends Players lead to 7 shots
- Chase for man suspected of stealing cruiser ends in crash
- Time travellers invited to Stephen Hawking send-off
- Contreras hits 3rd HR in two games, Cubs beat White Sox
- Trump defends decision to pull U.S. out of Iran nuclear deal
- David Price throws Jays curve in Red Sox win
- Nvidia (NVDA) Stock Rating Upgraded by BidaskClub
- Kelvin Gastelum Edges Out Jacare Souza In Outstanding UFC 224 Fight
- Karnataka elections: 70% voter turnout, exit polls predict hung assembly
- Afghan militants kill at least four in Jalalabad attack