Mourinho stated Michael Carrick who played his final game for United in the win against Watford could become his assistant.
The soon-to-be-retiring midfielder played a superb ball over the top of the Watford defence for Juan Mata and the Spaniard squared for Marcus Rashford to tap home for 1-0.
"But I am going to improve my staff in the performance level and in relation to the tactical work".
He said: 'I would like to thank the huge number of people who have been kind enough to send messages of support.
With Mourinho focused on Wembley, David de Gea, Paul Pogba, Nemanja Matic, Chris Smalling and Phil Jones were all rested as Carrick was given center stage after a season of little action. Carrick's 464th appearance for United ended in the 85th minute when he left the game to a huge ovation.
The club recently announced current assistant manager Rui Faria would be ending a 17-year partnership with Mourinho, leaving the club when the campaign is over, amid links to the Arsenal job.
"For a victor like Michael, to win in his final match has to mean something", Mourinho said.
But with Young turning 33 in July, the club are said to be on the lookout for another left sided full back and The Times are reporting that the Manchester club may have found a player to make the spot their own in Juventus left back Alex Sandro.
"I just want to say all our thoughts and prayers go to Sir Alex for his recovery".
- Here's Who Is Heading to the 'American Idol' Finale
- IShares Russell Top 200 ETF (IWL) Rises 0.67% for May 10
- Rockets have last, best chance to put stop to Warriors dynasty
- West Ham beats Everton 3-1 in final game of season
- Romania, present at US Embassy in Jerusalem opening
- Tottenham may have to face selling Harry Kane - Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger
- Butler's 94 keeps RR alive in IPL
- Xerox Drops Fujifilm Merger Plan, Strikes a Deal With Activists
- Italy's Five Star and League parties approach coalition after talks
- Rivals of Iraqi PM 'make gains' in vote count