"Wenger is a great manager and what he has done for the club in the last 22 years has been incredible, amazing".
The goal to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from an Aaron Ramsey cross delivered a bittersweet end to Wenger's career with Arsenal as the side finished sixth, its lowest final placing in the EPL in his long stint as manager.
Wenger was given a guard of honour before kick-off at the John Smith's Stadium and the feelgood atmosphere peaked in the 22nd minute - marking his number of years in charge - when he was afforded a lengthy period of applause from the entire stadium.
But another message trailed from a plane toward the end of the game in northern England, one blaming owner Stan Kroenke for Arsenal's failure to win the title since 2004: "Kroenke - you're next".
The post Iwobi "Emotional" As Arsenal Send Wenger Off With Huddersfield Win appeared first on Complete Sports Nigeria.
The 68-year-old Frenchman reflected on his "human experiences" in his time at Arsenal on a day of mixed emotions, while he also spoke about his enjoyment of England and its football culture. "I am addicted and I don't think that can be cured", he said. I wish everybody well and thank everybody.
But ruthless Huddersfield fans were in no mood to play along, chanting: "You wanted him out, you wanted him out. you two-faced b******s, you wanted him out". Allegri would be the Arsenal fans' preferred choice and Ornstein claimed earlier in the week that he was likely to be leaving Juventus.
"I see a bright future for my successor because the team has a good attitude and has quality. We need two or three additions and after that I believe the team will compete for the Premier League".
"Of course it is very emotional after 1,235 games for the same club", Wenger said. "But I just hope we can give him something to shout about for his last game and help him sign off with a win".
After 22 years of stability in the dugout, the Gunners are set to bid farewell to a long-serving manager following a final day showdown with Huddersfield.
"Not really, I'm sad", he said.
"Yes I had offers, of course, but at the moment I did not even speak to anybody of the many offers", he said.
- Rangers boss Gerrard explains decision to leave Liverpool
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine is picked up by NBC, and fans rejoice
- Barcelona's unbeaten season ended by five-star Levante
- Row over citizenship bill in Meghalaya
- Ailing Goa CM Parrikar says he will return in few weeks
- Indigo staffer makes hoax bomb call ay IGI, arrested
- Motorola Granted Patent For Foldable Smartphone Concept That Opens Into A Tablet
- Fuel prices revised; petrol, diesel to cost more
- Falcons sign former Washington DT Terrell McClain
- Milwaukee Brewers vs. Colorado Rockies, 5/13/2018 Prediction & Odds