Zack Cozart finished 3-for-5 and delivered the walk-off single to lead the Angels to a 2-1 win over the Twins on Sunday.
Andrelton Simmons had three hits for the Angels, and Garrett Richards pitched five-hit ball into the sixth inning of the opener of the Angels' longest homestand of the season.
The Los Angeles Angels' schedule limited Shohei Ohtani's chances to hit over the past four games. After Johnson walked Joe Mauer intentionally, he walked No. 9 hitter Bobby Wilson to load the bases. The Twins managed two short singles early on, but Ohtani also struck out nine of 12 batters during the first four innings, including five in a row during the second and third.
Twins: RHP Fernando Romero (2-0, 0.00) will try to extend his unblemished start. But while Ohtani threw a scoreless inning in the top of the fifth, the Angels pushed across a run against Romero in the bottom of the inning.
Parker (1-1) got the win despite making just one pitch in the game.
"We knew he was risky", Minnesota manager Paul Molitor said.
Angels reliever Keynan Middleton threw just 12 pitches in the eighth inning, heading to the dugout with a 1-1 count on Rosario. Castro was placed on the 10-day disabled list last Saturday.
Morrison got two hits and that key walk against Ohtani while the rest of Minnesota's lineup struggled mightily.
Los Angeles has scored at least five runs in seven of its last eight games, and almost everybody in a halo cap had a big hit in the opener of an 11-game homestand.
Twins: Jake Odorizzi (3-2, 3.83 ERA) takes the mound when they return home for a makeup game against Seattle. "But to me, with what he does on the mound and with the bat, he's probably the best player in the world".
- Lisa Vanderpump's Brother Mark Dies At Age 59 Of Suspected Drug Overdose
- Mourinho's assistant manager quits Man United. For Arsenal?
- Catalonia parliament selects a separatist, by 1 vote, to serve as president
- 35 people sick from salmonella-contaminated eggs
- Gas prices averaging just below $3
- Explosive found in South African mosque days after knife attack
- We're Lowering Drug Prices
- Apple CEO Tim Cook praises Parkland, 'Me Too' activists in commencement speech
- WHO Calls for Worldwide Elimination of Trans Fats by 2023
- Overwatch's Anniversary event starts next week with a new Legendary Edition