Britain's Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall Camilla departed from Crete island on Friday, wrapping up a historic three-day visit to Greece.
"This is something my Prince's Trust has been doing in the United Kingdom - and now, increasingly, overseas - for the last 42 years, and so, feeling deeply for the predicament facing the Greek people, I wanted to see if the experience we have developed over all these years might be of some assistance in overcoming the challenges confronting such a very special country". "We have to enhance more our cooperation". "This visit adds an important link in the chain of friendship we have had since the establishment of the Greek State".
Responding to the President's speech, Prince Charles said: "I have only warm words about the two countries' relationship".
Britain's Prince Charles (R) shakes hands with Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras prior their meeting at the prime minister's office, in Athens, Greece, on May 9, 2018.
But this is just his second official visit to the country of his father's birth.
"Not to mention the fact that I have been so fortunate to have visited some of Greece's many attractive and unique places", he added.
Charles and Camilla will first head to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier where the prince will lay a wreath to remember the unknown and missing casualties of war. Queen Elizabeth has never officially visited, making it the only EU State in which she hasn't.
Prince Charles has visited Greece privately several times in the past, as his father Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, was born on Corfu island.
Prince Andrew commanded an army group in the campaign, and he narrowly avoided being executed alongside the royalist prime minister and other officials in the angry popular backlash that followed the defeat.
- Miniature royal wedding made from 60000 Lego blocks
- Oppn leader slams Sharif's 26/11 remarks
- Simpson extends lead at Players
- NES Classic Edition Makes A Return To Stores On June 29
- Arsenal Closing In On Managerial Successor To Arsene Wenger
- Anthony Martial: Knee injury needs to be assessed
- IShares Russell Top 200 ETF (IWL) Rises 0.67% for May 10
- West Ham beats Everton 3-1 in final game of season
- Pak hockey legend Mansoor Ahmed passes away in Karachi
- West Bengal Panchayat polls gets underway