Britain's Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall Camilla departed from Crete island on Friday, wrapping up a historic three-day visit to Greece.
"This is something my Prince's Trust has been doing in the United Kingdom - and now, increasingly, overseas - for the last 42 years, and so, feeling deeply for the predicament facing the Greek people, I wanted to see if the experience we have developed over all these years might be of some assistance in overcoming the challenges confronting such a very special country". "We have to enhance more our cooperation". "This visit adds an important link in the chain of friendship we have had since the establishment of the Greek State".
Responding to the President's speech, Prince Charles said: "I have only warm words about the two countries' relationship".
Britain's Prince Charles (R) shakes hands with Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras prior their meeting at the prime minister's office, in Athens, Greece, on May 9, 2018.
But this is just his second official visit to the country of his father's birth.
"Not to mention the fact that I have been so fortunate to have visited some of Greece's many attractive and unique places", he added.
Charles and Camilla will first head to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier where the prince will lay a wreath to remember the unknown and missing casualties of war. Queen Elizabeth has never officially visited, making it the only EU State in which she hasn't.
Prince Charles has visited Greece privately several times in the past, as his father Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, was born on Corfu island.
Prince Andrew commanded an army group in the campaign, and he narrowly avoided being executed alongside the royalist prime minister and other officials in the angry popular backlash that followed the defeat.
- Polaris Capital Management LLC Increased Its Stake in Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL)
- Newcastle Owner Mike Ashley Says He Wants Rafa Benitez To Stay On
- Officer caught on video appearing to punch teenager in the face
- Rockets have last, best chance to put stop to Warriors dynasty
- New York Yankees vs. Oakland Athletics
- Baby Food Market to Witness an Outstanding Growth by 2026
- AMU students urge Kovind to intervene to end Jinnah row
- Is returning to the Earth "missing" asteroid
- West Bengal Panchayat polls gets underway
- Butler's 94 keeps RR alive in IPL