The Daily Record say that Rangers are planning a clearout of nine players, with Windass set to be one of the players axed, as Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard stamps his authority as new manager of the club.
The 37-year-old takes the reins in Glasgow on June 1, but pundit Paul Merson believes there's an opportunity to make a massive signing to kick things off.
"You try to improve them and get them to do what you think is right, and the new manager will come in and he'll look at that, and what they will do this time, they'll do it".
Previous meetings between the two clubs have in recent years proved to be something of a goals-fest with fifteen games yielding no fewer than 54 goals.
That sort of dramatic game will suit Gerrard very nicely, after a playing career which included more than its fair share of absorbing games. If standards are about trying to win every game then they have slipped as we've lost too many.
"So that's what we've got to take on board - what was missing from those games - and once they take stock of that and see what is required for next year, they will be up and running and they will be alright."
But the former midfielder admits the chance to leave was one he couldn't turn down. We got off to a great start.
"A bit of ability as well over the season and it depends on who is going to stay and who is not going to stay". Players probably haven't produced what they're capable of consistently.
Gerrard's tenure will officially begin with the 2018/19 season.
The conveyor belt of top talent continued to roll on in the years that followed but Nicholl could understand if Gerrard made a decision to take a leaf out of Souness' book and keep his changes to a minimum to begin with.
'I haven't played as much as I would have wanted to but I can see my future is here at Rangers.
- Row over citizenship bill in Meghalaya
- 6 people die after bus falls into deep gorge in Himachal Pradesh
- Tesla Model S rear ends UFA truck
- Former NFL coach Chuck Knox dies at 86
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Continues to Dominate Weekend Box Office!
- Bear attacks 5-year-old girl in Grand Junction early Sunday morning
- German FM Vows Tougher Policy Toward Washington Amid Iran 'Disappointment'
- 2015 nuclear deal should have targeted Iran's policies
- Neymar to resume training on Sunday - PSG
- Disturbance in Southeastern Gulf